Author Topic: Disability Pension  (Read 6401 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Disability Pension
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 07:10:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Crabbit

Stoop
Sorry, I didn`t realise that you had moved to Turkey.  

Crabbit

I didn't realise moving to Turkey would make me an expert in the UK benefits system - maybe that's where I've gone wrong :)

Offline heather

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 08:38:08 AM »
Crabbits posting is correct - they will stop benefits as I found out when I investigated this with the benefits people - anything not to pay out

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Disability Pension
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 16:02:20 PM »
Thanks again Stu for the effort U put into answering my question it is much appreciated. Maybe I shouldn't give up without trying. I have spoken to the people in Newcastle who put me on to the International benefits section. They say that if you are chronically sick. ie on DLA high rate you can clain IB in Turkey. However he is only on middle rate so I don't know yet. I will let you know how we get on but I am not holding my breath. Yes Crabbit you are sometimes very trying. (but funny). x

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Disability Pension
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 18:38:59 PM »
Anne,

It will be interesting to see if anything has changed since the Social Securty Agreement bewtween the UK and Turkey came into effect. I know damn well they will try there best not to pay you and if you have a Personal or Company Pension that you are being paid then you might as well forget it as they will reduce the IB dramatically based on your pension income (as I found out to my dismay earlier this year).

Those that have moved to Turkey and had their IB stopped are obviously more knowledgeable with regards to claiming IB (or trying to) in Turkey but things do change and it's always worth having a go at them just to see what there latest stance is regarding benefits.

Stoop

ps - Crabbit is usually correct but never say never -lol
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 18:39:16 PM by stoop »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Disability Pension
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 21:44:37 PM »
Don't for goodness sake let Crabbit know that he is usually correct we will never hear the end of it. X

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Disability Pension
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2006, 01:19:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by mercury

Don't for goodness sake let Crabbit know that he is usually correct we will never hear the end of it. X

:D:D

Offline pegs

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 14:08:32 PM »
when discussing benefits please be careful in the terminology you are using. There is no such benefit as Disability Benefit! incapacity benefit, disability living allowance, attendance allowance, industrial injuries disablement benefit and  income support are the correct names.please if you are looking anything up on websites please ensure you look at the goverment websites, yes they are long and confusing but if you follow the wrong advise you could find you owe money back or in some cases you may you be ok. The best you can do is to talk to your local office or contact the newcastle office that deals with overseas payments.
Stoop you,ve done well in quoting the website but you are wrong in one thing people who have NOT paid National insurance cannot get incapacity benefit - i should know i worked for 20 years for the DWP as it is now called,dealing with customers who were sick or injured.
People who do not pay into the scheme either get income support or disabilty living allowance and they have to have the correct paper work to say they can stay, or are waiting for a decision to say they can stay in the uk, which is the immigration office.
Please don,t get caught out as it is normally your ''friendly neighbour'' who looks after things for you that will report you to your local office.Pegs

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf