Author Topic: It's Friday joke time again...............  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Stuart T

It's Friday joke time again...............
« on: August 21, 2015, 14:46:05 PM »
A young man starts his new job as a sales trainee at a large shopping complex that sells just about everything.

Beginning his first day in the gardening department, his sales manager tells him that a "single" sale is a commercial sin and that whatever the customer buys, there is always an additional sale to be made with an associated product.

A customer walks in and tells the sales manager he wants a large sack of top quality grass seed. The sales manager seizes this opportunity to introduce the store's latest offer on a brand new lawn mower - a "never to be repeated" price on a first class product that will make the customer's lawn the envy of his neighbours.

The customer, impressed, agrees to buy the lawn mower and leaves the store.

Smugly, the manager says "See how I did that? Associated sale - always works. The next one's yours".

After a few minutes a gentleman enters the store. The sales trainee asks if he can help.

"Actually, I know I'm in the wrong department" the customer tells him "but would you point me towards the pharmacy area. My wife has asked me to pick up some sanitary towels while I'm out".

"Certainly Sir" said the young man, "and while you're here, would you like a lawn mower with that?"

"A lawn mower? I've come in here for sanitary towels for the wife. What the blue blazes would I be wanting with a lawn mower?"

"Well Sir, I assumed your weekend's already b***ered up, so you might as well cut the grass".

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Re: It's Friday joke time again...............
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 17:40:35 PM »
DOH !! Is this gonna happen EVERY Friday ??   ;)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 19:10:45 PM »
I hope so. It's a brave man that post's a joke on here.     ;)  ;)

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 10:40:04 AM »
Gentlemen, you can collect your coats on the way out!  ;D

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 16:57:09 PM »
By the mid 1920's Al Capone had become a major player in racketeering in Chicago.

His rise to the top had made him many enemies and he opted to spend much of his time in numerous hotels to avoid easy detection.

His wealth allowed him to buy the best of everything and he was known as a very snappy dresser.

He spent a fortune on clothes and one day decided to splash out on some hugely expensive, black and white, crocodile skin shoes. They were his pride and joy.

Despite his wealth and fame he did have moments of great loneliness. Stuck in his hotel bedroom with just his henchmen on guard outside the door, he longed for company.

One afternoon he passed a pet shop window. Gazing out from its cage was a little, tabby kitten. Al's heart melted and he bought the kitten and took it back to his hotel room where it was treated royally.

One evening, returning to his room after a meeting with other gang leaders, he saw his prized crocodile skin shoes scratched and torn to shreds. The kitten, now with newly sharpened claws, sat looking very guilty in the corner of the room.

Capone exploded in a furious tirade. He threw his damaged footwear at the dressing table, smashing the mirror. He kicked the bedside table, sending it and its contents across the room.

His henchman, hearing the kerfuffle inside the room burst in, machine gun at the ready.

Seeing the mess and the damaged shoes, he then spotted the kitten cowering in the corner.....and he sang.................

"Pardon me Al, is that the cat that chewed your new shoes"?

Offline bob 1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 18:53:58 PM »
dear dear me

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 19:23:16 PM »
Another case of an old one not necessarily being the best.

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 20:03:27 PM »
KKOB - it's new to me!

Dear, dear me is a lovely response. It fills my heart.

Wait 'til next Friday. It gets worse.....

...and I leave you with the first words of the current Dalai Lama..........."as I was saying".....

Offline sadler

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 20:23:42 PM »
Stuart T I am starting to like you!   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf