Author Topic: 3C's New Year's day splash  (Read 1559 times)

Offline cathy h

3C's New Year's day splash
« on: January 05, 2020, 20:20:17 PM »
Evening everyone,

The splash was a great event again this year and was held in brilliant sunshine on Çaliş seafront. As it happens, the following day was cold and wet.
This annual event is in it's 10th year and attracted 25 participants. Most wore fancy dress costumes when they bravely entered the sea at 1pm. The rules are that they must stay in the water up to their shoulders for 5 minutes.
Those participating ask for sponsorship from family and friends.

The 3C'S also invites other local charities to join in and they raise money for their respective causes.
I think this year we had  possibly the largest crowd yet, encouraging  those brave souls (some may say loonies) in the water.
The event received local TV and newspaper coverage, and they were interested to know about the 3C'S and their fundraising and what the funds are used for.
A prize was awarded for the best costume, and this was won by Marian Mattingly,  dressed as a lion and raising funds for HAYED, a local animal charity.

The final total of sponsorship raised for 3C's is not available yet, but we had a single splasher raise over 3,100tl for us. They did tell us that they had fabulous support from friends here in Turkey and friends and family in the UK.
Two 3C's volunteers also braved the water, their totals are yet to be confirmed as much of their money is still to be received from the UK, but that will be updated as soon as we have it. Christine, one of our volunteers commented that the water was not as cold as she expected.
As always we would like to thank all of the ‘splashers’ who took part in the fun, their sponsors, and Angel from Nil Bar who provided hot soup for all who took part.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: 3C's New Year's day splash
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 20:32:37 PM »
My apologies for the misinformation on the other thread - I had thought that the 3,125 tl was the total not one splasher. :-[ :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 20:40:18 PM by Highlander »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf