Author Topic: Two (Very Different) Recommendations  (Read 2041 times)

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
Two (Very Different) Recommendations
« on: February 17, 2015, 14:22:06 PM »
I know many members use him already, but if anyone is looking for a vet then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Serkan Tarım.
One of our fur-balls came home a couple of weeks ago, covered in blood with missing teeth and unable to close his mouth. It transpired he had a broken jaw, probably the result of either a well-placed kick or a run-in with a scooter.
A few days later one of our dogs became seriously ill, so much so that at one point we thought she wouldn't survive the night and she was all but blind. This proved to be some kind of bacterial infection. (She is 100% ok now.)
In both cases Serkan has provided the very best care and advice, even happy to talk to us late on a Sunday evening to reassure us all was ok.
Our cat has had to be readmitted for a second operation as the first one set his jaw a little too far to one side. Because it was to correct a previous operation Serkan says there will be no further charge, even though there has been more surgery and antibiotics and five days' boarding. Charges overall were also incredibly reasonable.

My other recommendation is for anyone who needs a translator, interpreter or someone to run around with them for official business and negotiations - Umit Kasım.
When we bought our Land Rover recently, he came with us to sort out the sale at the noter's office - which was just as well as we found we also needed a translation of Mr WB's passport, due to the new-style residency permits having no photograph on them..... *sighs*
He also came with us to Muğla to complete the paperwork there; again, his help was invaluable as there was some glitch on the polis computer system that wouldn't allow them to issue the relevant documents to get our new M-plates and we had to return to finish it all off a few days later.
Umit used to do residency applications but no longer does so as the rules and regulations are changing so quickly; he says he hates feeling that he might not be giving the most current or correct advice. For everything else though, we will definitely use him again.
(Irrelevant but as an aside - his English is impeccable and, as his wife is from Wales, he has a slight Welsh accent - slightly surreal!)

If anybody would like contact details for either I'm happy to pass them on.   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf