Author Topic: translation charges  (Read 2802 times)

Offline saltie

translation charges
« on: April 30, 2007, 06:18:05 AM »
Hi can anyone tell me the charges for passport and driving licence translation charges.
also the cost of a personal shopper.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
translation charges
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 18:20:35 PM »
personal shopper ???
Shop on your own, why pay somebody to take you to the shops where they get commission.
Apart from saving the money you would have paid them, you`ll also get things cheaper with a bit of haggling.

Crabbit

Offline mibur

translation charges
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 21:36:00 PM »
Have to agree with Crabbit. It is so much more fun doing your own shopping and will save you money!!!
We did all our own buying of furniture, bed linen, towels and all the other bits and bobs that you need for a new home a couple of years back and although it was a frantic couple of days finding exactly what we wanted, it gave us immense pleasure to know that we had done it ourselves (with lots of research and some very useful information from the site and also members on here offering advice as to the best places to go)

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
translation charges
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 22:45:34 PM »
Swings and roundabouts with that one.  We went shopping with Olga of Cenk and Olga fame and got some really good buys.  Went on our own to the same shop and they didn't remember us from our previous trip with Olga and the prices went up by a hefty amount!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
translation charges
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 22:54:11 PM »
In fairness, Cenk & Olga don't make their money from helping you shop. It is a free service they offer to those who buy property from them (and one I offered).

I think you will find that people who's job is to 'help' you shop may have a different financial outlook.

Believe me, furniture and white good shops come looking for agents and 'personal shoppers' with great incentives on offer, and they aren't for you  ;)

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
translation charges
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 22:26:12 PM »
We were taken by a member of the company with whom we bought our property and he wasn't pleased when I wouldn't buy anything from the shops he wanted me to buy from (apart from the curtain shop).  We had a great time buying on our own but we went with an idea of what we wanted and didn't move from our criteria.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf