Author Topic: CBF header  (Read 1357 times)

Offline tonysue

CBF header
« on: June 12, 2010, 16:23:54 PM »
bloody hell keith, have you been to the well:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
CBF header
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 16:31:03 PM »
No but I just got back from Tesco

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
CBF header
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 23:12:24 PM »
Did you buy Steph some marigolds, :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
CBF header
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 23:27:03 PM »
No I bought her a dishwasher, I do spoil her :D

The banner is of course a reference to the dolphin 'situation' we have. I really feel that together we can tip the balance so the agencies that don't sell tickets have the good season and those who are currently blinded by the pound signs in their eyes are the ones to complain about another poor season.

What worries me is that things are happening in a place where you couldn't wish for more people who are disgusted and have all the time in the World, but sadly never move or do anything about anything.

Nobody knows better than I do. When I was there I fought several causes for people, only to look over my shoulder when things started to get tricky to find that everyone that was behind me had disappeared.

All I hope is that the good people with (let's be honest) time to kill prefer to fight for what is right and don't let any evil hands slip into marigolds  ;) That's the thing about apathy, you often see the opportunity pass before you knew there was any opportunity at all.

Offline peecee

CBF header
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 05:53:31 AM »
You're so right, Keith.  I was talking to a couple of people re: Dolphins and the comment was' suppose 2 dolphins will have to die before they learn'  what can you say?  that 2 have already died, they'll only go and illegally catch 2 more?
Suppose people get into their comfort zone, don't want to rock the boat etc etc but, at the end of the day, if people don't stand up and say 'enough' nothing will change.

Offline Mr Pickles

CBF header
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 07:14:45 AM »
I'm not sure if this post is in the right section, but it is relevant to the topic....

When Tricia and I were over last year, we were told about a place in Kas that looked after injured dolphins - thinking this was a wonderful thing to be doing, we jumped in the car and went there.

I have to say, we were appalled at what we saw; there were two dolphins in a very small enclosure that, in my opinion, looked quite distressed and not at all happy. I was keen to find out if these two dolphins were actually rescued, and what work they did there, but as we were the only ones there other than a Turkish woman with a young child, neither of whom were friendly or wished to discuss anything, I was unable to get any information - they did tell me though, that for 105 TL each, we could swim with them!!

This appeared to me to be a money making scam at the expense and suffering of the dolphins - needless to say, I voiced my opinion to the woman (probably pointless) and left.
If this 'organisation' at Kas does actually do good work, then I apologise for this posting - if they don't, I urge all to not contribute to their suffering.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
CBF header
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 09:46:11 AM »
Mr. Pickles - this was the Dolpintherapy Kas Centre. A for profit organisation with no morals. As you noted the Dolphins there were kept in atrocious conditions. This is the same company that have brought 2 Dolphins to a tiny pool in Hisaronu.

They are probably not the same 2 Dolphins you saw because the Russian owner told myself and two other people that 2 of his Dolphins there died from pneumonia.

I now also have it on extremley good authority that in fact at least FOUR Dolphins have died in Kas.

You are not the only person that has visited this centre to come away equally appalled.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
CBF header
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 01:00:57 AM »
Seriously though, if we all do our bit, no matter how small, it might, just might help, We have used Seaside many times, and this year there will be over 100 going out for the wedding. so multiply that by at least 3 trips in say, two weeks, thats alot of money lost. great stuff,  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf