Author Topic: Alesta Yacht Hotel  (Read 5549 times)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Alesta Yacht Hotel
« on: July 31, 2016, 08:13:33 AM »
We went here last night on the recommendation of friends and were in no way disappointed. It's on the left hand side of the road to the other "Yacht" hotels and the restaurant is on the fifth floor, hence fantastic views. The food was at least on a par with any that we have ever had in Fethiye/Calis. We were very well looked after by the manager, Murat, who is probably the most pleasant and efficient "maître de" that I have come across. He can be contacted for bookings direct via Whatsapp on 0538 049 97 66. 

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Alesta Yacht Hotel
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 12:49:00 PM »
I think I told this story before.  Four years ago my son's Best Man, Sean, was coming over for the wedding with his wife. He rang this Hotel and asked how much it would be for the two of them for their stay (I cannot remember if it was 7 or 10 days).  He was told the price was 1000Euros.  He agreed and they sent him email confirmation
Because all the other guests were staying in Calis, Sean and his wife did not spend a lot of time in the Hotel, they were in Calis most of their stay.
When Sean came to pay the bill he handed over 1000Euros.  He was then told it was a mistake the price was 1000Euros each. 
I am sure the food is great in this Hotel and will probably give it a try after this great recommendation. However, if anyone is going to stay there, make sure you know the price.  We often stay overnight when we are in Calis and I am sure others do too.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 16:37:57 PM »
Can I be slightly rude and ask how much it was Ken? I'm still reeling from Sorrento prices and it would be interesting to compare.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 18:17:59 PM »
We are also still getting over the prices in Italy.  Made the mistake of getting a drink while waiting for the ferry in Venice, so near St.Mark's square.  One shandy one glass of beer (and a bowl of crisps) 23 Euro. 
We kept comparing prices to Turkey and saying how lucky we were to get such good food at such low prices.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 18:23:25 PM »
I am working on the theory that 1 euro = 1 lira when it comes to bars and restaurants. I had a lovely seafood platter which was 30 euro, I'm sure it would have been 30 TL in Fethiye. Strangely though, Venice airport is very reasonable when we were last there (Napoli wasn't though).

Offline Lotty

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 18:37:12 PM »
Last August two coffees here in Venice cost us 24€ (But there was live music)   ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 18:39:45 PM »
Doesn't sound like the airport then  ;)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 00:09:45 AM »
Jacqui, I'm doing an appraisal of a very good restaurant ( in my opinion) I don't give a monkey's toss about what happened to your son's best man several years ago. If I was reviewing the hotel, fair enough!! The food, the service and the general ambience was brilliant and that is what this post is about.

Keith. There was me, my daughter, son in law, grandsons Harry (9) and William (3) AND IT WAS 603TL. The starters ranged fro 10tl for soup to 30tl for something fancy. I had beef carpaccio at 28tl and Jo and Paul had something similar. Harry and William took the kids menu with a hamburger and chicken nuggets, We oldies all had steak which went from 48tl to 55tl for 220grams. There was T Bone and American steak at 60tl for 300 gram. Paul and I were initially drinking Efes and Jo white wine spritzas, We had a bottle of red at 65tl and finished of with cocktails at 30tl each. You will not appreciate it till you try it. To eat the same at home 400 quid.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 01:03:41 AM »
Brilliant Ken thanks - if you are impressed that's good enough for me - I'll be booking a table  :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 11:20:26 AM »
We may join you boss.
I'm sure this is the same restaurant that Janett recommended to us earlier in the year.
Thanks Ken

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf