Author Topic: The deed(s) is done. Güle güle Fethiye.  (Read 13441 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: The deed(s) is done. Güle güle Fethiye.
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 23:02:41 PM »
For God's sake Ian, what sort of an appraisal of a place is that?

How much is

beer
glass of wine
fags

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 23:09:12 PM »
I don't drink beer, don't smoke but I do know I picked a bottle or two of rose for Gill in the local supermarket for 1.5 euros and she said it was lovely

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 23:46:06 PM »
I am slightly surprised at the level of taxes you have to pay in Spain - along with bank charges and high utility bills but then we were spoilt in Turkey - but our sites fees and council tax actually work out cheaper than in Turkey - so the savings can off set the utility bills !

Yeah, it's swings and roundabouts regarding bills in comparison to Turkey I reckon.  You definitely need an accountant/tax guy to do your first years taxes, just so you get a grip of how its done.  A lot of Spaniards pay someone to do their annual return, so when in Madrid..

Where we are heading a 500ml (roughly a pint) of Estrella is €1.50 and a smaller beer (300ml) is 90 cents.  Glass of wine, probably about 175ml, is €1.20 and a sherry is €1 a pop - fino, oloroso etc.  Spirits kick off from €3 inc mixer and fags are €4 plus the odds.

Wine, spirits and beer are incredibly cheap in the supermarket - decent quality reds, whites and roses €2/3, better quality stuff €4 to €6 and some seriously nice bottles still well under a tenner.  Spirits are half to two thirds the price compared to the UK and a quarter of the price compared to Turkey!

Eating out is pretty cheap but the biggest difference from Turkey is quality of ingredients and variety of what's on offer.  We can have 3 or 4 tapas and couple of drinks each for well under €15 at our local bar - and the portion size for tapas are a lot bigger than what you'll get in a tourist area. 

JF

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 01:58:47 AM »
All the very best JF,to you and yours. I hope your little bit of Portugal turns out to be all you want it to be.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 08:27:46 AM »

Will we be having a Forum offshoot,  Espana Beach Forum.??    Eu never know. !!        ;)

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 08:56:46 AM »
Good luck in your new venture Ian.  Vaja con Dios amigo!

Offline Laura B

• Newly Registered
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 10:53:21 AM »
Good luck to all those off on a new adventure.  We started ours two years ago in North Cyprus and truly haven't looked back.  Twelve years in different parts of Turkey, all of which were wonderful. But unfortunately I couldn't remain in the country with the political situation as it is now.  We toyed with Spain and the Canary Isles but decided here was the best move for us as our private medical insurance with Güneş sigorta could continue.

I really hope we shan't lose the input on here of people who understand what is going on as although I couldn't stay I am still very interested in following the situation. 

Once again good luck with new adventures.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 13:17:06 PM »
Isn't Northern Cyprus Turkey/Turkish rule  ???

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 13:50:38 PM »
All the best with your new ventures in Spain, John.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 16:56:04 PM »
Love North Cyprus Bernie. Kyrenia is beautiful. I know Guardamar and Quesada well Ian as my ex mother-in-law has a villa 10mins drive from both. Used to go every year. Nice areas and Guardamar nice in the evenings with the market stalls. You should take a drive to Elche and Guadalest up in the hills, it's beautiful.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf