Author Topic: Electric Costs  (Read 1672 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Electric Costs
« on: July 10, 2008, 09:55:40 AM »
Hi,

Does anyone know what the price per unit is at the moment? We have just received a £170 electric bill for around 7 weeks use since our last bill. Last year we paid £120 for 8 weeks use which worked out at 20 kurus per unit. So in simple terms the cost has gone up from around £15 per week to £24 per week - a 60% increase.

Is it really 32 kurus per unit for domestic use now?

To add - we have two air con units (one in each bedroom). A fridge, a fan, and a tv which is hardly ever used. Other than that we also have an electric oven which is also little used.

Cheers

Stoop

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:02:47 PM by stoop »

Offline lmaddy

Electric Costs
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 12:14:01 PM »
Gosh I am an expert in this subject:-
Not totally sure where your figures fit in with mine, but we received our complex bill & got a bit of a shock.

If you are on the 1 tariff domestic rate the amount is approx. 0.1430
Commercial rate is 0.145982 which is 20% more then the domestic.
If you are on the 3 tier rates the rates are:-

7am-5pm 0.112393
5pm-10pm 0.1922
10pm-7am 0.055

If you want to change over I have a copy of the forms you need to take in to Teddas & an explaination of what to write.

We have just changed our complex over to the 3 tier and will run the pumps, water the site during the cheaper tariff period.
Lorraine
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:24:10 PM by lmaddy »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Electric Costs
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 12:39:02 PM »
That seems much cheaper than we paid - even last year. I have bills from 2006 and 2007 showing the unit costs as 20 kurus per unit. This year it must be higher. Maybe it's the complex rate?

We have someone checking things out for us to make sure we are on the correct tariff and your post makes me think we are definitely on the wrong one. Hopefully we can save a little next time.

Thanks for the reply.

Offline lmaddy

Electric Costs
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 12:57:23 PM »
These rates maybe before taxes & vat etc, I am not sure. We have had all new meters put in so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Electric Costs
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 13:05:12 PM »
Maybe the tax and VAT would take it up to what we paid. My guess is that we might be on a commercial tariff but we'll find out soon enough.

Offline The Crinklies

Electric Costs
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 06:21:06 AM »
Like lmaddy we always thought that there were different rates charged for the 3 time zones but on checking our electric bill, we got a big surprise! :o

Although each zone has been individually calculated as to how many units have been used for each, all the units are then added together and multiplied by 0.12105 giving a total to which the tax etc., is then added.

We have recently checked with some friends and their electric bill is calculated in the same way as ours, so would have to assume that this is common practise unless other forum members can tell us differently.

So all the times that the washing machine has been put on overnight, thinking that this was saving us ytl, have been a waste of time - apart from the fact that we have clean washing of course!

How is your electric bill[?]

Offline lmaddy

Electric Costs
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 12:51:51 PM »
You have a choice if you want to go over the the 3 teir tariff then you need to fill in a form and take it to Tedas - I have the forms plus instruction on how you fill it in.

If you have your bill the word Ticari on your bill that is the business rate. I don't know what domestic is.

Offline The Crinklies

Electric Costs
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 07:25:54 AM »
Hi lmaddy, have e mailed you, thx

Offline The Crinklies

Electric Costs
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 06:40:36 AM »
lmaddy, please let me know if you received our e mail, thx [?]

Offline lmaddy

Electric Costs
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 13:32:26 PM »
Guys
Just got back from Calis so have been out of touch. Please email again and I will forward you the forms.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf