Author Topic: Man City v Arsenl  (Read 2531 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Man City v Arsenl
« on: December 14, 2013, 14:54:45 PM »
Just have to say that I have just watched one of the best games of English football ,i say that  with tongue in cheek , as its all foreign  players but that's what we are. early days I know. but the noisy neighbours of old Trafford  are singing now, for me, I think Man City or Arsenal as champs.  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Man City v Arsenl
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 15:39:52 PM »
Great game and IMO should have been another goal for the Gunners.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 16:20:19 PM »
totally agree with u des. what a cracking game of football from both sides. man. city looking good. arsenal not to bad either.

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 20:48:57 PM »
It was indeed a great game. Aresnal are a very good footballing side and came to the Ethiad with the intension to win. All credit to them and their manager in doing so. City have adopted a score as many goals as possible, and never let up. This was Pellegrini's promise. I would expect an Arsenal win in next weeks head to head with Chelsea, which will also hopefully be a good gamme too.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 10:55:25 AM »
Great 9 goal thriller for the independant viewer, but not for us poor supporters.  Despite the consolation three goals, and the dodgy offside and penalty, yesterday's result hurt.  Manchester City were a beast of team, strong, skillful, direct in their play (in both attack and defense) and every player looked like they were up for it.

So yes you could see amongst some of the players that legs were weary from three top games in six days, but that's not an excuse for everyone. Wilshire was terrible gave the ball away so many times and never pushed the team on once.  Ozil was remarkable by his complete absence in the game ... where was he.  And these two were also part of the defensive problem, neither of them getting back to cover 'their' full backs giving oodles of space to City.  And when it come to subs for up front, what did we have Billy Bendtner.  And do not get me started on the ill disciplined Sczenny.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Wenger deserves his share of the blame.  He didn't buy the 'big' striker to pressure and or replace Giroud as number one in the summer, despite having the money and time to do a deal.  He didn't strengthen the squad with another two or three players, no not midfielders that we have in plenty, but a centre half and right back.  He also, as many Arsenal supporters were suggesting running up to Wednesdays CL game, should have rested more players, the CL game was mathematically in the bag, and he could have gone to Naples and shut up shop. Anyway the PL is more importasnt us then getting on another round or two in the CL.  Ozil was not the player he said he was looking for - and yesterday aside I love the way he plays - and Flamini is a giant again at Arsenal and he fell into our lap!!  He was not a Wenger want, in fact for the last two years he has been saying we do not need the traditional Defensive Midfielder.  Let's see if he does anything in January to push the team on for the rest of the year.

Wenger Out or he learns to work with others, in particular a Director of Football to make the deals and other administration that Wenger should not be involving himself in. >:( >:(

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 10:58:24 AM »
Oh yes and quick question for the Manc City bretheren amongst us.  I thought the the City of Manchester Stadium held 60,000 supporters, how come the crowd yesterday was just over 47,000?  Has it shrunk since the name change to the Etihad, or are City not such a big a club as they like to potray themselves with their Arab Sugar Daddy??

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 11:51:26 AM »
Wenger out Pete?????  perhaps you think a certain David Moyes would do better, you must have watched a different game than I did.  ;)  ;)

Offline Christie

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 13:05:47 PM »
47.000 is full.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 13:08:41 PM »
Strange how you can criticise Wenger for not spending big and then mock clubs with sugar daddies ;D

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 14:20:38 PM »
Big club, no way, as the song goes "we're not really here."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf