Author Topic: Buzz Bar  (Read 14096 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Buzz Bar
« on: February 24, 2010, 09:48:38 AM »
IS there any news on the Buzz Bar for the new season? Last we heard it was going to be rebuilt over the winter???? Does it remain? Will it open as usual??thanks.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Buzz Bar
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 10:03:40 AM »
no no no.....why......loved this place, hope they haven't done anything too drastic !! :)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Buzz Bar
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:29:14 AM »
hope so too....apparantly it was something to do with the new boutique hotel being built behind (dont know why as they already have the Jade and the Oyster Residence).  But there were a lot of conflicting stories and rumours...so dont really know what the score is. I am hoping to hear that nothing has changed and that it is still in the same place...same style...

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Buzz Bar
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 10:32:04 AM »
it was all still there looking the same as usual a couple of days ago when I was enjoying the warm sunshine at the beach  :)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Buzz Bar
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 10:39:34 AM »
 :))))) Thats good to know.....Another thing though...whatever happened to the "jetty" that was meant to be getting erected at Olu Deniz for the tourist boats? Has that plan been scrapped?? I remember reading something last year in the Land of Lights or Fethiye Times. But there was no sign of anything in October..
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 10:41:28 AM by sue mac »

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Buzz Bar
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 10:39:47 AM »
oh go on Nichola, you just had to rub it in didn't you !!! lol
Great to hear nothings changed, i love chilling out on a baking afternoon with a couple of cocktails, people watching, at the Buzz.  Priceless....

Offline Firo

Buzz Bar
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 10:39:57 AM »
The owners have been hoping to build a small boutique hotel in the grounds at the back for years now but due to finding the ruins of a byzantine church in the grounds it's been held up.
Last time I spoke to them they had no start date so things will be staying the same as far as I know.
Panic not it will still be the best place to spend a night in Olu.
Fi

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Buzz Bar
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 11:14:27 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by pookie

oh go on Nichola, you just had to rub it in didn't you !!! lol

I knooooow... weather when I got back from Istanbul on Friday night was 22 degrees  ;) My mate got sunburned at the beach the day before.

No new jetty or what would be even better a sewage disposal unit for the boats that do the day trips. Lots of money has been spent by the council and hotels so their sewage doesn't go into the sea BUT the boats dump theirs at sea every day and it eventually finds its way to the sea shore where we like to paddle and swim.

It is clearly evident espcially towards the end of the season. Sorting this out is long overdue! I probably won't be in Ölü this year so I won't have to listen to tourists telling tales of swimming past doo doos in the lagoon or enquirying what that 'froth' is!

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Buzz Bar
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 11:38:07 AM »
Got to be the best place for people watching! Thank goodness its still there!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Buzz Bar
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »
Buzz Bar Newsflash - it is open already...

Buzz Boutique Hotel being built near the mosque at the back of Ölüdeniz. Apparently opening this year. I did also hear that they were going to be or have s/c aparts?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf