Author Topic: Hisaronu Centre re build  (Read 6494 times)

Offline Sleuth

Hisaronu Centre re build
« on: March 01, 2013, 15:31:16 PM »
Never before have I witnessed so much demolition, renovation, and new build within the centre of Hisaronu . All nightclubs and music bars mainly. Expanding and improving etc... like we need more nightclubs in Hisaronu ???  !!!!!!    My question is ... do the turks who are engaged in all this work know something we dont know ??  Are they aware of the economic situation in the UK ?  Where are the holiday makers going to come from to fill these premises ?  Last season was the worst ever in terms of numbers and this season looks decidely worse and yet still they re build and spend money renovating etc... they are as always full of optimism with the sun shining here at the moment ... But will it all end in tears by the end of October ?? Sadly it will I  think for many :-(  For Hisaronu, this season will be from June til end of september ... four months .. will it all be worth it ? Doubt it  :-(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Hisaronu Centre re build
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 17:08:22 PM »
Could it be something to do with Fethiye Belediye taking over the administration of the area soon? Perhaps they see this as the last chance to get away with unregulated buildings ?

Offline Lotty

Hisaronu Centre re build
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 17:16:06 PM »
Yes we noticed lots of building/renovation going on. The 'Booty' highest up the road was totally gutted and empty. Olu Deniz was the same, workmen everywhere and on the front they seemed to be dismantling the upper part of Harry's Bar, the bar on the opposite corner was gutted too.

Offline grahamturner09

Hisaronu Centre re build
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 17:53:59 PM »
Visitors to Turkey were up last year so they have to be going somewhere

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 18:55:00 PM »
Visitors to Turkey as a country were up last year, yes, but not necessarily the Fethiye region. Bookings are looking good this year so far, January was the busiest month with regards to bookings. The cheapest package holidays are still Marmaris, a lot more advertisement of the Fethiye region is needed to increase the tourism. I can still remember, back in 1998 and 99 when the road of Hisaronu was a sea of people.. you couldn't move... Not like that anymore.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 18:59:05 PM »
Yes, and I remember the first two weeks of May were the same on Calis prom - when the girls were around 2 or 3 we used to have to hold their shoulders to guide them through the crowds.

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 19:09:07 PM »
Very true Keith.

Offline fishman

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 15:10:29 PM »
I was in Hisaronu at Christmas and they are making some of the bars even larger than before its a pity that we didn't have some of the investment that's gone into fethiye and the seafront if the area was smarted up maybe the funfair to go and a park area with some small coffee/bars and the back streets to be tidy up it may go some way to start attracting some of the tourists back.
I have been coming to turkey for the last 12 years and its true Hisaronu has lost some of its appeal BUT the position of the town to Olu Deniz and Fethiye is still ideal, personally I like to venture to both when I am out and what a fabulous walk from fethiye to calis along the seafront, even though you will never have the packed streets of the early 2000s it could still have a long prosperous time ahead with some re-planning of the main area and course turn the music down even slightly lol   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 16:13:31 PM »
Booty I heard, have bought the place next door and are expanding.  I like Hisaronu for a bit of afternoon shopping and getting my nals done, but at night it's far too loud for us.  If seemed a lot worse last year, after an evening meal we walked along the main street and had to move to the middle of the road as we were getting hassled with cards off waiters and invites to come in and every place had loud music competing with the place next door... It was awful. It's so quiet in Calis in the evenings (I hope it stays like that) compared to Hisaronu.  However, the younger people like it.   I know our crowd all went up there for stag and hen do's and did not arrive back until 6.00am in the morning.   So, I wonder, is Hisaronu going to be even more noisey this season?

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 07:28:30 AM »
Probably yes  :(  at least thats what the night clubs are hoping .. theres a new Zombie Bar (bigger)  a massive , and I  mean massive new `Heads or Tails Bar `plus  alterations to `grand boozey` a massive new bar underneath `Attika` and many more extensions and alterations in the centre ( mainly bars and music establishments )  as well as the dreaded two `harmony` and `Bar rumba`  :(  My question is ??? who are they expecting to fill these night clubs ??  last year was the quietest ( in numbers not in sound volume) that Hisaronu had experienced with many establishments suffering.. this year there will surely be less brits around than 2012  except perhaps for Olu  Deniz  and Fethiye area
In Hisaronu the  months of May and October ( lovely months ) the place is deserted ... also its virtually a four month season now... plus the average age of most visitors (brits) are people in their late forties to early sixties ... and couples or families...  hardly the  boom boom night club types.
Yes there are gangs of girls parading about at night in peak season in H  but nothing compared to the notorious med hot spots where the 18/30 kids go
So .. where are the visitors coming from  to  fill  these new massive and  many  night clubs ( I  say night, but the boom boom starts on average about 9pm )  going to come from this year ??   and if empty.. will the owners still blast out there music ????   of course they will !!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf