Author Topic: Turkey to offer subsidies to cruise ships to prop up tourism  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Turkey to offer subsidies to cruise ships to prop up tourism
« on: September 27, 2017, 21:11:22 PM »
"Turkey will offer subsidies to A-group tourism operators of cruise ships bringing foreign tourists into the country in a bid to bolster visitor numbers which have fallen sharply due to a series of bomb attacks of 2016.

An amount of $30 will be provided per tourist for cruise ships with the capacity of 750 passengers or more until Dec. 31, according to a cabinet decision released on the Official Gazette on Sept. 26

Some 213,216 tourists visited Turkish ports in 2017 by 224 cruise ships. "

The last figure is puzzling, as I (sadly) check on these things on a cruise app, and haven't seen a single cruise ship in a Turkish port this year

Full Story at HDN

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Turkey to offer subsidies to cruise ships to prop up tourism
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 21:38:19 PM »
There certainly seem to have been cruise ships visiting Kusadasi and Istanbul last year, this year, and there are plans for them to continue in 2018.

http://cruisepassenger.com.au/cruise-tourism-in-turkey-impacted-postattacks/

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 06:02:25 AM »
We've been on Celestyal  cruise ships the past 2 years, from cesme and kusadasi to the Greek Islands. Both trips were fabulous. I'm wondering what will happen now that the Government have announced no more ferries and passenger services to Greece, no idea how long this spat will last.

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X703F using Tapatalk

Offline davybill

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 08:11:14 AM »
My son and his wife are on a cruise this week, one of the ports of call was Kusadasi, we were going to meet them there.
But a few weeks ago the cruise company cancelled Kusadasi and now calling in at Rhodes instead.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf