Author Topic: living in Ciftlik  (Read 17730 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: living in Ciftlik
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 15:06:55 PM »
Our place is up at the back of the Tugay Hotel and we always thought we were in Calis, however, when Jim Fraser came to visit us he showed us his phone which was putting us in Citflik  It would be interesting to know where the boundaries are.   We actually looked a a property in the back of Citflik village a while ago, but decided we wanted to be in walking distance of Calis Prom. 

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 17:47:26 PM »
Hi, we have lived in Ciftlik for 5 years now, close to where you are looking, and love it.  If you want to pop in when you are visiting we would be happy to help with any questions you might have. 
That's what I love about this forum!  How kind   :)

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 22:20:45 PM »
Hey Sandy.  This is a great thread you've started.  Never before has Ciftlik been so talked about - except perhaps on chat.  ;-)

We love Ciftlik!!  It is quiet but then we like that.  It does feel quite villagey to us and it's also easy to get to all the places you might want to go to like Calis and Fethiye by bus.  A taxi home in the evening doesn't exactly break the bank either.  It's also lovely to be in an area where you'll have Turkish neighbours too.  They want to get to know us.  It's so lovely.  And if they're farmers you'll probably find yourself being offered all kinds of goodies freshly picked from their fields.  The place you're looking at is really near our place.  If you look on Carol's link we're in one of the blocks of 4 villas in the same area between 167sk and Suleyman Demirel Cd.  We could be neighbours.  I wish ours was already furnished or you could have stayed there.  Our immediate neighbours are Brits too and they're really great people.  Can't wait to have them as neighbours.

We've only just bought ours.  So excited!!!  We can't go out till May but going for over 2 weeks then.  Got to furnish the place 'from scratch to finished' in time for our first letting in June!  We want good quality stuff on a budget but then doesn't everybody?  I've done a fair bit of research on that just using the search facility on this forum.  If I find out anything really fantastic in the furniture shops I'll let you know.  I'm hoping Carol or someone can tell us how to find the local Ciftlik beach.  Ought to be easy but...

Carol mentioned Melissa, the little supermarket.  When we were there in the summer we did nearly all of our shopping there.  For such a little shop it has pretty much everything you'd need for a day to day existence and it's not really any more expensive than the major supermarkets.

Best advice I was ever given when I was villa hunting was to make sure I used a recommended estate agent who wouldn't try to con me - I would recommend Cenk who is a fantastic guy and can be found on this site or at info@interturk.co.uk - and a trusted solicitor - again I'd recommend Ozlen Ozergin.  Her email address is info@ozlenozergin.av.tr and she's very thorough.  Make 100% certain that the tapu is clean and in your name on completion.

Come onto chat one evening.  It's fun.  Thursday night is official chat night but there are people on there sometimes other evenings.  Everyone talks at the same time and nothing makes sense but I love it.  ;-)  Look out for a number next to the word Chat at the top of the page.  That tells you how many people are chatting at the time.

Oops!  Long post!  Sorry.  Have a fabulous trip!!

Offline sandy ann

• Newly Registered
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 23:24:24 PM »
Thank you Suzz for all the information it has been really helpful, I will most certainly make contact with the solicitor you have mentioned and thanks so much for the thought of staying at yours if it was ready, you will have to share info on any furniture shops that do some nice but reasonable things ,I have gone back on to google and we would be quite close so we can catch up for a coffey or even better a glass of wine in the future .
Everybody has been so generous with their knowledge and information it makes you feel really excited about living in the village and being part of the community.
I will join for a chat probably after we return to discuss Ciftlik and no doubt ask more questions , hopefully my post in a couple of weeks will be good news that we have purchased.
Have a lovely weekend and enjoy your stay in May, with the weather forcast for the UK for the next few days you really look forward to spending some time in the sunshine.

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2013, 19:04:30 PM »
Exciting!  Good luck.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2013, 09:54:22 AM »
Suzzpuss, It not just in Ciftlik that you get Turkish neighbours including Farmers.  We live 15 minutes walk to Calis Prom and have a Turkish neighbour.  We also have Farmers fields right next to us and get given lots of goodies including tomatoes and figs.  We always talk to the lady farmer who brings her goats and sheep to graze in the field next to us and we save lettuce and greenery  etc., in a bag to give to her for her animals. 
Anyone looking for a property should not discount Calis as being too commercial....it's not...

Offline burnham

• Newly Registered
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2013, 13:27:44 PM »
Hi, we moved to Ciftlik last April and absolutely love it. We are Suzzpuss's neighbours and live close to Poppies. Let us know when you're coming over. Maybe we could meet up.

Offline sandy ann

• Newly Registered
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2013, 15:36:14 PM »
Hi There , Thanks for your post and appreciate the invitation we are hoping to be out on the 23rd of Jan, with the agents all day on the 24th and much of the 25th but are hoping to keep some time free on friday afternoon and on the Saturday , providing all goes to plan of course ,maybe we could arrange to meet for a coffee and chat about your experiences with recently purchasing etc , I will know full details next week is it okay if i send you a message to arrange something if you are free.

Many Thanks

Sandy

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2013, 18:33:28 PM »
Ooh how exciting!!  My neighbours are on here now.   ;D  Can't wait to come over and see you again T&S!

Jacqui, sorry.  I must have phrased what I said carelessly.  I love Calis and we came over hoping to buy something there but we were a bit late in the season when we came and there only seemed to be 3 houses for sale in Calis at all and none of them were what we were after.  We found our wonderful home in Ciftlik and we're thrilled with it and with Ciftlik but I didn't mean to imply that Ciftlik was 'better' than Calis.  I love both.

8)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 18:59:21 PM »
Ooh how exciting!!  My neighbours are on here now.   ;D 

There will be no secrets now Suzzpuss, we will get all the goss off your neighbours.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf