Author Topic: where not to eat  (Read 13736 times)

Offline prettymama

« on: September 03, 2008, 19:28:55 PM »
Just returned from a fantastic holiday in Calis.  Have been going there for 4 years.  Always eat in Bambu, so went there again even though I knew they had new owners.

The fist meal we had there was faultless.  The second were slightly smaller portions, however the 3rd time was terrible.  We were all given menus, but when we looked at my daughters menu her prices were about 2 lira cheaper then the rest of ours, they said they had changed their prices.  We all ordered our usual order.  When the food came up the portions were tiny.  I had steak no bigger than a 2 inch circle, 6 wedges and a leaf of lettace.  My husbands dinner was half the size as the last time and he too had 6 wedges.  My sons meal was uneatable.  When I called the waiter to ask him what had happened, he said the portions I was talking about were about 2 months ago.  

I called the Head Waiter who confirmed we were regulars there, so they brought up a plate of something and said compliments of the house,  we never touched it, it looked awful.  They then had a discusion amongst themselves and knocked  about 40 per cent off.  I paid but vowed never, ever to eat there again.

Another rip off place was Mangel Restaurant.  I ordered 3 kebabs, 3 plate of chips and 7 drinks.  The food was uneatable, the chips were undercooked and the kebabs were bitty.  The bill was 61 lire, I queried it and the waiter told me all the prices.  I told him I could have an evening meal for 5 plus drinks for less than that, he shook his shoulders.  When my son in law added up the prices we were 10 lira over charged.  I dont like getting ripped off so I will not go back there again either.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf