Author Topic: Buying a bike at Kipa Warning, take note.  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Buying a bike at Kipa Warning, take note.
« on: June 05, 2012, 22:38:26 PM »
We took our neighbours to Kipa.  They wanted to buy four bikes.  The assistant told them that the bikes would be delivered to the service place... for a full service, but they would have to pick them up from there, no home delivery.  Our neighbours agreed and said they would be riding them back from the service depot with family members.  We drove them to the service to assertain where it was. It was miles up the Antalya Road Our neighbours decided it was too far to ride back to Calis.  As the service was just pumping up tyres and checking brakes, we called back to Kipa and our friends asked if the bikes could be delivered directly to them as one of our other neighbours is an expert with bikes.  Kipa agreed and the bikes where delivered that afternoon.  After delivery it was discovered one bike had a bent wheel. The neighbours contacted Kipa. They flatley refused to change the bike as it had not been to service.  Our neighbours have had to get the wheel repaired themselves.  So, warning, do not buy a bike from Kipa and not get it sent to service first.  :-[

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: Buying a bike at Kipa Warning, take note.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 09:26:33 AM »
It isnt only bikes. We were in there a couple of weeks before when an elderly couple came in with their daughter who had driven them from Gocek. They had bought a microwave which was faulty and wanted a refund or an exchange. They flatly refused saying the onus was on them to take it to be repaired under the guarantee. They tried arguing that Kippa had actually sold them something which was faulty when new and shouldnt have been sold and that her parents couldnt travel up and down from Gocek to pick it up. They refused to even think about it. When you buy from Kippa the onus is on you to see to it being repaired. Not like the UK when the first port of call is the retailer even when in this case is was sold not working.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 09:31:08 AM »
To show the other side of the coin, I recently bought a kettle from Kipa, which didn't work. I took it back & was told I could have a replacement.

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 09:45:19 AM »

It's not just Kipa, I think all the big stores have the same policy on electrical goods. I think they will only exchange within the first 30 days, after that it's up to you to take it to THEIR nominated repairer.

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 08:27:56 AM »
That's right Baz, Migros, Kipa etc have the same policy within 28 days it should be replaced direct by the store, after that the warranty kicks in for service center repair and you need to take it yourself to the service center the store won't do it. It is something you have to just accept as the norm in Turkey at least you usually get a longer warranty period than the UK.

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 19:53:24 PM »
I wouldn't recommend buying any bikes from a supermarket in Turkey or the UK. They may seem a good price, but often it is a false economy.  Like most things, we have found that the standard and quality of many things have improved since we first bought in 2004. There are several bike shops which offer a good service and are knowledgeable.
I actually bought my 2nd bike with me though when we moved here, it wasn't expensive - £25 on Easyjet and upto £40 for other airlines. Worth considering if you get a decent 2nd hand bike from say e bay in the UK.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 10:38:10 AM »
Use Erin Spot. He will actually pick up and re deliver the faulty / repaired item.

If he cannot get it repaired he normally replaces it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf