Author Topic: Our big day.....  (Read 2193 times)

Offline fletch

Our big day.....
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 20:13:25 PM »
Paul, I have already had this conversation with Ray and the answer is Arsenal mate. :D:D

I work for County but I support Arsenal. [^]

Now if Ray were to offer me a £100k bonus for us to beat Arsenal in the next round, I hope Westy gets a hatrick to sink the Gooners 3-0. ;):D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Our big day.....
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 23:57:22 PM »
Good luck fletch. I'll miss the game as I'll be 30,000 feet up in the sky over Asia somewhere. Hope you play well.

Offline fletch

Our big day.....
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 07:36:01 AM »
Cheers Stoop, safe flying. :D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Our big day.....
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 17:50:26 PM »
Crawley Town, Leyton Orient and mabye, just maybe Notts County.

Good look Fletch :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 17:51:11 PM by Highlander »

Offline fletch

Our big day.....
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 20:24:24 PM »
Everything is crossed for a positive result.....

We have had a manic day today making sure everything is prepared and ready to go for tomorrow. There has been so many hours put in from all departments for this game, builders have been working 14 hour days to get one of our dining suites to a spectacular standard. Suppliers have been delivering goods and commenting on how good the stadium is looking these days with all the improvements that have been happening. By looking around our stadium it is hard to believe that we are a division 1 club because the facilities are now better than those people across the river..... :o

Man City released their squad to us today and it seems they have left nobody out so looks like we have a tough time ahead. I suppose we are looking at it as a mark of respect of our capability of being able to create a cup shock!!  ;)

ITV have been quietly moving around the stadium and snapping the odd video here and there. We are opening our doors to the sports bar at 0830hrs for those fans that want to get there early and have a breakfast waiting. The screens will be showing great matches from the past and then onto the live game at the Emirates to help get supporters in the right mood. Our Chairman will be talking to the fans in the bar before and after the game to get their views and opinions of their matchday experience.

I was talking with the players and Incey at lunch today and they seem calm, excited but most of all up for it!:D I will say this again, if there are any gamblers amongst us then Craig Westcarr to score the 1st goal is well worth a shout.  ;)

The thing I like most is that because we are such a small family club the mood and best wishes etc that is being passed between ourselves is quite emotional. On the face of it we all know deep down that on paper we don't stand a hope in hell but without saying anything you can see it their faces that we all want it so much.

The pitch has lost most of its grass due to the rugby matches last week, the covers have been on for a few days now keeping the pitch warm. We have one of those balloon type covers that has been blowing hot air through it 24 hours a day just to ensure the game goes ahead. The ground staff have been very quiet and focussed in their preparation, they have liaised with playing staff and prepared the pitch to the managers requirement.

So, it's time for me to sign off and try to sleep as in not thinking of all the things I have forgotton to do.. :o ;)
I Hope the next post from me will be one of celebration and telling you all about the planned preparation for whoever we are playing in the next round. :D:D

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Our big day.....
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 15:54:19 PM »
Fletch - fantastic performance - you must be really proud of your boys.

There certainly didn't look to be a £200m difference in the teams on the pitch - maybe 7s 6p

Hope you savoured every minute :D :D

Ps You need to man to man Silva in the return leg!!!!!

Offline fletch

Our big day.....
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 21:27:58 PM »
Well, we nearly did it!

Financially it was the best result for us and the money from the Villa match will come in handy!! ;) ;)

I got to meet Mancini and Milner or rather they got to meet me.[:o)] ;)

Marred by pointless violence by the City fans beating up one of my Managers, she was quite shaken and had a cry but soon got back to her duties after a cuppa. :(:-\

Oh well, at least now I will get to try out some City hospitality as I will watch the replay from the dierctors section. (I am a lucky sod!)

Well done to the boys, they did us all very proud.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Our big day.....
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 11:08:22 AM »
All the very best for today's replay Fletch. :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 11:08:52 AM by Highlander »

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Our big day.....
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 12:14:54 PM »
 :)Best of luck, enjoy your day.

Offline fethiye2003

Our big day.....
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 13:02:43 PM »
you have about as much chance as a catholic church being built in turkey

Share me