Author Topic: Liverpool v Man City  (Read 5588 times)

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
Re: Liverpool v Man City
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 08:21:55 AM »
Well done Liverpool. If we don't win it then I hope you do.   ;)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 09:08:57 AM »
The best team won on the day, but again the game was marred by an inept ref. I think the occasion got to him. He missed 3 penalties and how could he not send Suarez off for his dive when he had already been booked. If one player ever deserved to win a league title then it is Steve Gerrard.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 09:22:08 AM »
Totally agree about Stevie G..He is Liverpool F.C. A wonderful player and a humble man.   However, last night on the BBC Football Programme Gary Lineker, like the other two men on the programme (two ex Liverpool players) thought Suarez had dived, but when the footage was shown again in slow motion and from another angle, it was clear Suarez's foot had been caught. They then all agreed it was not a dive.   I have to say we thought he had dived too, but it seems the Ref on that occasion made the right decision.  However, the Ref got it wrong for the second Suarez incident, it was a definite penalty.  Incidents like these happen in every match and every week.  Time for the Video Judge methinks.    ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 09:53:39 AM »
I agree Mark. Suarez should not have been on the pitch when he was fouled in the area. He should have walked. Ref bottled it no doubt?

That said it makes for a great end to the season. Not sure which way it's going to go tbh.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 09:56:06 AM »
Rubbish Jacqui! If the ref had seen him being 'caught' he should have given a free kick. He didn't so must have assumed he dived = yellow all day and he bottled it.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 10:04:45 AM »
Totally agree about Stevie G..He is Liverpool F.C. A wonderful player and a humble man.   However, last night on the BBC Football Programme Gary Lineker, like the other two men on the programme (two ex Liverpool players) thought Suarez had dived, but when the footage was shown again in slow motion and from another angle, it was clear Suarez's foot had been caught. They then all agreed it was not a dive.   I have to say we thought he had dived too, but it seems the Ref on that occasion made the right decision.  However, the Ref got it wrong for the second Suarez incident, it was a definite penalty.  Incidents like these happen in every match and every week.  Time for the Video Judge methinks.     ;)
Have said it for 2 seasons now, and will say it again, Video Technology a must for in the penalty area, Refs just cant keep up with the speed of the game, linesmen miss more faults than ever, and don't get me started on 4th officials,  ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 10:31:40 AM »
.. And the blatant handball? Only blatant when seen again in slow motion though. How far do we go with cameras?

Offline engineerdave

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 22:42:35 PM »
Totally agree about Stevie G..He is Liverpool F.C. A wonderful player and a humble man.   However, last night on the BBC Football Programme Gary Lineker, like the other two men on the programme (two ex Liverpool players) thought Suarez had dived, but when the footage was shown again in slow motion and from another angle, it was clear Suarez's foot had been caught. They then all agreed it was not a dive.   I have to say we thought he had dived too, but it seems the Ref on that occasion made the right decision.  However, the Ref got it wrong for the second Suarez incident, it was a definite penalty.  Incidents like these happen in every match and every week.  Time for the Video Judge methinks.      ;)
Have said it for 2 seasons now, and will say it again, Video Technology a must for in the penalty area, Refs just cant keep up with the speed of the game, linesmen miss more faults than ever, and don't get me started on 4th officials,   ;)

So what you are saying is that everytime there is a suspicion of a foul inside the penalty area we stop the game. Wait for someone to look at a video in normal motion, slow motion and to be fair from every angle possibe then after 5 mins give the ref the thumbs up  or down as to what action to take. Come on that is absolutely ridiculous.I just about agree with goal line technology but thats about it for me. if they need to do anything at all to improve the game get rid of the penalty shoot outs and get rid of the corrupt Sepp Blatter.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 22:58:51 PM »

then after 5 mins.

If you can give me one example of where it took that length of time in rugby, I'd be bloody amazed

Offline engineerdave

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 23:49:38 PM »
We are talking about football here Highlander which is played by passing the ball with your feet with some might say a great deal of skill. If a ref can add on say 2 mins for every suspicious foul and stop the game. There will be about 30 mins extra time  in every match...40mins in Leeds Utds case Stoop  :)
Dont take much working out so cannot see your comparison to rugby   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf