Author Topic: Istanbul  (Read 5867 times)

Offline tonye1960

Re: Istanbul
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 12:33:14 PM »
Thanks again. No the one I have been looking at is the Nena. I will now check that other one out Jacqui, sounds lovely.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2016, 13:15:44 PM »
Right now Istanbul is struggling for tourists, hotel occupancy is way down and as a result some hotel prices are the lowest they've been for years.  Unfortunately some still go by Turkonomics and try to balance the books by increasing prices!

You'll find that most hotels will give you a discount for paying cash and if staying more than three or four nights provide free airport transfers. 

The Nena is right in the heart of Sultanahmet, couple of minutes walk from a tram stop - and in walking distance for all the main tourist sites in that area, definitely a good location for a first time visit.

JF

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2016, 13:40:55 PM »
I love Istanbul its my favourite city so much to see and do my favourite place for people watching is a a little cafe that sells some of the best deserts you will find its called  Hafız Mustafa and its on the corner near Sirkeci train station also one of the best restaurants is called the Imbat its on the top floor of the orient express hotel, I actually stayed in the sister hotel of the Orient that's called the Erboy nice hotel but we went for the upgraded rooms lovely roof top bar and a nice restaurant below I noticed on the Erboy web site that when it came to pricing it had a box that said make us an offer
 http://sirkecirestaurants.com/ this is a great web site to have a look at

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2016, 14:32:51 PM »
Trainer the one I recommended the Sirkeci Mansion is in the same group.  We also had dinner in the Orient Express. Imbat Restaurant lovely food and great views.   If you are staying in one of their group they will arrange a table for you.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2016, 16:27:30 PM »
  Yes Jacqui we booked our table through the Erboy hotel also the restaurant in the Erboy is good its called the Pasazade but that whole area has some good bars, cafe's and restaurants 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf