Author Topic: intrrduction  (Read 2258 times)

Offline suehugh

intrrduction
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 19:57:50 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Julesp

Hi welcome, I advise that you rent first when you come here to retire, if, that is you intend to buy eventually, Try living in both places winter and summer then decide where to settle.
Hope all goes well   :)

Thanks Julesp, my husband wants to do that but I just want to move straight away. Nearer the time I will make up his mind for him.

Offline suehugh

intrrduction
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 20:05:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by puma

how about in between try catalarik nice and quiet but access to all the dolmus's .gunluckbasi and calis, very central and quiet

Hi Puma
We were told by the Otogur bus official that catalarik was as beautiful as uzumlu, we didnt manage to get there this time we made the wrong decision and went to have a look at kemer (not to our liking). We had a good walk around gunluckbasi. Looks a good place to live.
thanks

Offline suehugh

intrrduction
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 20:34:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kenkay

Hi Sue. Welcome to CBF. You must have seen a lot of changes after visiting Turkey for eighteen years and Calis for eight. You have picked the right place to retain your link prior to retirement  :)

Hi Kenkay
We have seen a lot of changes over the years some good and some not so good. The main thing we both miss is Turkish food,it is hard to find a restaurant which serves the old pan type meals - not your sizzling platters. When we first came to Turkey you couldn't get european/english food.
We have watched them reclaim a lot of the land in Calis it has become quite built up with apartments along the front.Not sure how long it will be before these begin to sink.
regards
Sue

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
intrrduction
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 01:16:29 AM »
Hi again Sue and thank you for replying to my welcome. You talk a lot of experienced sense and should be a brilliant contributor on here  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf