Author Topic: ArtyMar's blog: buying the dream  (Read 120823 times)

Offline suehugh

Re: ArtyMar's blog: buying the dream
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2015, 21:21:18 PM »
At least twice a week

Please

Offline davybill

« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2015, 07:27:10 AM »
yes please

Offline Menthol

« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2015, 16:44:21 PM »
You have to do 2 weekly updates at least, Arty now. Your followers have made it very clear what they expect of you.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2015, 18:43:23 PM »
You have to do 2 weekly updates at least, Arty now. Your followers have made it very clear what they expect of you.
Love the "at least", Menthol! Waddya think I am - a bleedin' blogger or sompin?

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2015, 08:41:19 AM »
LATE FEBRUARY 2010   InfinityExpress offices, Fethiye

BLOG 18: Negotiations and machinations

Well! K explains that since I chose our original plot position, in the intervening period between the old plot and the new, other plot buyers have appeared on the scene, Russians – three groups of families and friends. They want to buy three plots, and guess what? One of the plots they want to buy just happens to be the one I’ve chosen. “Hang on a minute”, I say, a bit louder than I had intended: “We were the first, we have already paid a large deposit, and naturally, we expect to have first choice of plots in the new location. This has already been confirmed by Oz, and of course, L when I saw the new plots for the first time yesterday.”

K agrees that this is so. S nods solemnly. I realize that K is the lead player here, and his sister, though a director of the company, is subsidiary to him. He carefully explains that the Russians want to be adjacent to each other – that’s why they want our plot. They are in a powerful position to push their case as I can see that Infinity do not want to lose three potential purchasers. On the other hand, it’s obvious that no money has as yet exchanged hands and a bird in the hand is worth three in the bush. I must play my hand very carefully.

“Oh dear!” I say, “This is terrible! Having a corner position, closest to the beach, is very important to us. We chose to buy on that basis both on the original location and this new location. . .” Let them be worried. Let them suppose that we might be tempted to pull out.  They’ve treated us badly. I let that statement hang in the air.

S asks sweetly: “would I like more tea?” She calls M in again. He hovers discretely in the background with his tea tray. I shake my head, and M goes out again. Silence. I stare out of the window. That view would make a nice painting.

Finally, K breaks the silence: “We want you to be happy. We can make a new contract with a cheaper price.” Sounds promising (though I don’t say this), but I need to see the plots again. M is called back in again, this time to be our driver – what a job this guy has. He spends his time going in and out of the conference room! Is he on a string, waiting just outside the door? S picks up the phone, makes a quick call. It seems that S and K are too busy to go with us, so we will be accompanied again by L and Oz, the English speaking assistant and the supersalesman. He’s going to have to do a good job now, having convinced me of the advantage of being first buyer and choosing the best plot, he’s now got to do an about-face!

Off we go. We walk silently around the site. I realize that I could have the plot adjacent to the one desired by the Russians. It would still be right opposite the forest, and still be a corner plot but on the corner of the street parallel. Not really much further from the beach – in fact, perfectly ok. I don’t say anything, just continue to look grim.

L pulls me to one side, away from Oz. “The ball’s in your court, you know” she say quietly. “Ask what you want from them. They’re desperate.”
I thank her and say that I don’t want to return to the office, just to go back to the apartment to discuss the situation with my husband. OH, as yet, knows nothing of all these machinations. It would be nice to tell him that I’ve knocked a lot off the price when I break the news of what’s been going on. L phones K and we agree to meet again tomorrow morning.

Oz tells me that in his opinion, all the plots are good. The whole location is fantastic. Why not choose this plot (indicating the one I have, in fact, decided upon)? I continue to look both doubtful and grim. I’m sure he’ll be reporting back my reaction to S and K.

Back at the apartment in Palm Court, I jot down notes. I wonder how much they’ll be willing to reduce the price? L’s words are ringing in my ears. I feel nervous, but I’ve got to play it cool.

. . .  to be continued  . . .usually posted on Thursday

…………

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2015, 19:13:07 PM »
Oh my goodness - what a blooming' to-do!

Offline gillian handbury

« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2015, 14:19:59 PM »
Arty Mar....walked for miles....... And miles.....and miles..... From Fethiye tooooooo....find the coven!! Past surf cafe.....no luck...... Collapsed and walked back...stopped at a couple of watering holes..of course! ..it's not easy when your getting on a bit....

Offline quackers

« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2015, 14:25:09 PM »
Should have turned rıght at the Surf Cafe and followed the road to the top thats where Angel Cafe ıs.

Offline gillian handbury

« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2015, 15:24:31 PM »
Cheers quackers.... Once I've got my second wind I will give it another go!!! Hope there are some watering holes on the way..... Also hope there's a nice witches brew ready when I arrive.....

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2015, 21:59:56 PM »
Gillian! Can't believe you walked all the way to the Surf Cafe from Fethiye!!!!!!! No wonder you're tired, and it's not to do with the years. From what Google tells me, it's been raining quite a bit in Calis - hope the weather clears up by the time we arrive next Thursday. We're busy packing now. The older we get, the more we seem to need.
Are there lots of mozzies buzzing around? I've just bought some citronella candles and a portable mozzie busting gadget, not to mention little plug in things to put in the bedrooms.
Just a few more days until we go, and a few days after that the witches coven will meet up. See you soon! You, too, Menthol! and Echogirl1.
Anyone else?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf