Author Topic: Trick for cheaper car insurance.  (Read 9195 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Trick for cheaper car insurance.
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 18:10:10 PM »
I saw this somewhere to recently could well have been Martin,s money tips.
I too had the same problem re my job title ( when I was working) and had to put the closest match i could find...

Offline Steve A

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 18:50:40 PM »
I don't believe that working in an office for the local council classes you as a civil servant.Local Authority employee is the most accurate description of this role.Civil servant is usually reserved for Crown servants and Govt employees inc the various Depts eg Social Security,benefits etc

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 19:04:03 PM »
My husband is a civil servant.  I am a local government officer.  My car insurance is cheaper than his.

I am simply a better driver....  :)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 19:27:40 PM »

And very modest.     ;)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 20:09:27 PM »
Jacqui, Jacqui, Jacqui, let us all just hope that your daughter, or anyone driving her car , is not involved in an attributable accident in which an innocent person is killed , or maimed, and your daughter has then to spend time in prison, ( as well as forking out millions in a Civil Court Case ), as a result of a fraudulent declaration on a Vehicle Insurance Application, simply in order to save a few quid, because , from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE , let me assure you that the mere fact that she is employed by her Local Council as an office worker, does NOT in any way, shape or form qualify her to raise her employee status, & she is most definitely NOT A CIVIL SERVANT!! You may as well claim that, by you & your daughters way of thinking,  the Council Offices cleaners are ALL Civil Servants , as are Council Car Park Attendants, Parks Department Grass- Cutters, Rent Collectors , ad infinitum !!

Trust me, I am an ex Civil Servant !!!!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 22:56:45 PM »
Yawn.... : :)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 12:31:29 PM »
It just so happens my daughter has to renew her insurance shortly. Everywhere requires her to put that she was at fault for the woman running into her car, because the claim has not yet been settled on the database.  This adds £60-£100 to her insurance. She has asked if the money would be returned to her once the computer updates and she has been told No.  So, for an accident that was not her fault, she has to pay.

She can recover that additional payment from either the driver or owner of the fault vehicle - her insurers will provide her with illustrations showing her net loss as a result of the outstanding non fault claim. 

As its still unsettled, she may even be able to have this included in the claim.

JF

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 12:48:16 PM »
During the late 1960's, 70's & early 80's I worked for the Ministry of Defence and had to sign the Official Secrets Act.

In the early 2000's I worked for a Local Authority, upon taking up the post I enquired as to whether my previous signing of the OSA still applied as I thought that as in the MOD, LA employees might be classed as Civil Servants.

I was informed quite clearly that LA's do not come under & are not considered to be part of the Civil Service, therefore LA employees are certainly not Civil Servants.

That is of course as long as things have not changed dramatically in the past 12 years!   :o

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 17:09:32 PM »
I was informed quite clearly that LA's do not come under & are not considered to be part of the Civil Service, therefore LA employees are certainly not Civil Servants.
I think this is now well established but JH doesn't want to hear that; she finds it boring.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 17:45:53 PM »
JKB  -  Jacqui Knows Best.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf