Author Topic: Trick for cheaper car insurance.  (Read 9176 times)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Re: Trick for cheaper car insurance.
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 22:29:21 PM »
JKB  -  Jacqui Knows Best.    ;)

Jeeeeezussss, don't make her any worse KKOB !! ;-)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 05:10:34 AM »
Let it go, let it go, let it go.......  ;)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 09:58:07 AM »
JKB  -  Jacqui Knows Best.   ;)
As a Gooner I am not sure whether this is a copyright infringement of our TLA of AKB (Arsene Knows Best), but I shall ensure that our learned friends are advised of this incident.  On the point of AKB one thing is for sure he knows more than Jacqui's Brenda Rogers, what a miserable finish to the season losing 6-1 to Stoke and going down for the double to Palace, and of course the indignity of finishing behind the laughable Spuds.....

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 11:18:16 AM »
Now that is a really extreme swerve off thread. What's the weather like in Efes?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 11:50:41 AM »
Windy.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 10:37:20 AM »

Does any member have access to the motor insurers list of occupations, and associated risks for each occupation

or know how to access the same.? One of my kids is starting a business and his occupation could be described

in two or three ways. I'm looking to minimise his insurance premium from the outset.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 10:54:53 AM »
Don't think there is a specific "list" Kevin, if in doubt best thing is to give the (prospective) insurer a call - that way there is no doubt over misrepresentation in the event of a claim.

JF

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 12:32:53 PM »
Don't think there is a specific "list" Kevin, if in doubt best thing is to give the (prospective) insurer a call - that way there is no doubt over misrepresentation in the event of a claim.

JF

Completely agree. Back in the days when Mr WB worked for a local radio station and I worked for a national newspaper, we were advised that simply listing ourselves as 'journalists' would not be sufficient. We needed to distinguish whether it was print or broadcast as this would affect the price and any claims etc. (His insurance was higher than mine simply because it was deemed that if he worked in radio he would be more likely to be giving lifts to celebrities!!!)

Offline GordonA

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2015, 13:28:49 PM »

Does any member have access to the motor insurers list of occupations, and associated risks for each occupation

or know how to access the same.? One of my kids is starting a business and his occupation could be described

in two or three ways. I'm looking to minimise his insurance premium from the outset.

There's a sadly misinformed woman on this 'ere Forum who knows it all, can't remember her name now, it's not that important, BUT, I am sure she will be along shortly to help you with your enquiry Kevin3, just " haud gaein, " as they say in Arbroath, and you will be enlightened !!

Offline GordonA

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2015, 13:42:03 PM »
The following shows exactly what Martyn whateverhisname is, was promoting, (  tinyurl.com/4n75a3 ), and if one takes the time to read it carefully, it is obvious that it was not meant to be taken at face value. As stated, it should be regarded as a " fun tool !!

" Certain occupations aren't favoured by insurers. Journalism is one; estate agents, sales reps and entertainers don't score highly either. But you may be able to trim your premiums if can be more specific about your occupation. Go to tinyurl.com/4n75a3 and select your occupation. It will generate a list of job titles with that occupational group, and indicate the respective premiums each may be charged.

For example, a "journalist" might pay £600 for car insurance, but if she lists herself as an "editor" the premium is £576 (although a TV editor is £633 and a radio producer £839). This is probably more a fun tool than anything else, and remember, you must always be honest on insurance forms as non-disclosed or inaccurate information may invalidate future claims you may have to make. The occupation you list must reasonably and accurately describe what you do for a living. "

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf