Author Topic: My place overseas  (Read 26318 times)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Re: My place overseas
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 20:18:12 PM »
Listen to us for gods sake.
INTERTURK ! INTERTURK!

Why would they go an agent in Calis when they are looking to buy in Uzumlu? 

JF

Cenk covers Uzumlu John.

Offline Eric

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 20:22:55 PM »
We were told he does not cover Uzumlu!

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 20:32:09 PM »
We were told he does not cover Uzumlu!

Well Eric it looks like you were given wrong information. Check the website!!

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 20:39:51 PM »
Estate agents do promote new builds a lot more than a re-sale of an established property. As Eric says there is a much better commission for a new build. I think it pays to rent for a while before buying too. I would advise someone to live in Turkey for a year to familiarise themselves with how the seasons effect their needs and then make a decision.

Offline Eric

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 20:45:46 PM »
Well knock me down with a wet kipper, they do cover Uzumlu.....now!  When we 1st inquired a couple of years back we we told no as they did not want to spread too wide.  Nice to see they have narrowed their spread down a bit ...  ;)  ;)  ;)

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2015, 21:02:08 PM »
Hi Eric,
Thought it might help you if I told you my experience of viewing your house. We had seen it whilst looking in the UK and so to be fair we told Omer what we wanted to see, this included new builds.
He was very co-operative and as you know arranged a viewing. He was very complimentary in his explanations of your home and although he did show us his new builds and the potential plots he did by no means try to influence us either way.
We asked him a lot of questions regarding your home and I feel he did try to sell the house on your behalf. It's difficult to know what these agents do for us when we put our homes up for sale but this was our experience.
Sue

Offline Menthol

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2015, 21:27:02 PM »
Hi Yoshi.
When I was researching buying in Fethiye over 2 years ago, I came across the Place Overseas website. I registered on their site as this gives you access to more photos of each property. I was contacted shortly afterwards by phone, by one of the emlak agency owners, Cameron Deggin.
Found him to be a fund of knowledge and he seemed to think my family's artistic leanings would be better served in Bodrum and suggested very strongly that I visit there. (I now know what he meant)

I didn't go to Bodrum as I had fallen for Fethiye and I made arrangements with Place Overseas for my very first property viewings. Omer spent all day with me and Mum and insisted that we see all the areas around Fethiye as he knew I didn't know the region that well. He arranged various houses to view in each location so that I could see what my money would buy in each locale. He never once tried to influence me into a purchase and discussed the ins and outs of off plan, new build and re-sale and agreed that my argument for re-sale was very valid.

I've always credited Place Overseas and specifically Omer, for changing my view of Ovacik from the one I had formed from the dolmuş window and of course, where I now very happily live.

So my experience was a very good one despite not buying with them, but that was down to the property rather than the emlak.

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 21:57:34 PM »
Menthol,
Thank you so much for your information. That has been my impression of Omer and his colleagues and I have never felt pressured to buy anything from them. Infact they have been so patient whilst I have researched just about everything I can think of !
Omer has been a wealth of information and a true gent throughout my constant requests for information and reassurances.
I'm glad you made the right decision about being in Fethiye, I feel their is a really nice feel about the area and hope you retire there in due course.
Thanks again for your time.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 07:13:26 AM »
Yoshi, recently I have been hearing and have also spoken to people who retired to Turkey. This idea is great when you are healthy and strong and in pre or early retirement phase.
I was speaking to a very sad elderly lady a few days ago in a shop in Fethiye.  She is selling up and moving back. She told me it was always her dream to move to Turkey and she has loved it here, but now her husband is quite old and she has medical problems, there is no alternative but to move back to the U.K. I think also her problem is money, buying cheaply in Turkey years ago, using up most of the saving and then having to sell up and see what money is left to buy something in the U.K.
My husband and I had a long discussion about this, age and illness problem which now seems to be a common thing. We seem to know of more and more people moving back. One reason why we would not move permanently.  He just retired, we are both fit and healthy now, but no one knows how we wll be in 20 years time.
So keep perhaps keep this in mind for the future.  It is great to retire and move out, not so great when age and health problems hit and you have may have to move back.

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2015, 08:43:57 AM »
Hi jacqui,
Thank you for your mail.
I know exactly what you mean and nobody can tell how you will be in the future and it certainly is a big decision but my view is I would rather not live in the cold, damp weather of the UK which in itself makes you miserable.
I feel that private healthcare is the way forward and being in the medical field I would not consider anything less. Having had experience of Turkish private hospitals I am confident they can provide adequate if not better healthcare than that in the UK.
Of course this does cost so you do need to be confident about your retirement funds before planning to leave the UK for good or like us keep a bolt hole in England to return to if needed.
Have a great day

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf