Author Topic: Kaya Winehouse  (Read 9207 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Kaya Winehouse
« on: June 15, 2006, 21:39:11 PM »
A few weeks ago, thanks to Ilkay posting on here, we discovered the Kaya Winehouse. We have emailed Ilkay a few times over the past couple of months, and he in turn sent me details of his website. I arranged for him to collect my sister in law and family last night as they are staying out at our villa for the week.  I have since received texts from them saying what a fabulous evening they had. They were collected from our villa in Ovacik, taken down to the winehouse in Kaya Koy, which my sister in says is absolutely beautiful. Rustic and charming in a beautiful location. They started the evening wine tasting, and then enjoyed a delicious meal before being returned to the villa. She cannot recommend it enough. I am now looking forward to trying it myself in July.  Has anybody else got any comments on this place?

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Kaya Winehouse
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 21:52:44 PM »
Where is it?  I want to go there!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Kaya Winehouse
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 06:46:19 AM »
Kaya Koyu!

Offline BabaYard

Kaya Winehouse
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 07:54:01 AM »
Sue, what were the prices like in the Kaya wine house? The reason I ask is because when we were out in May we tried the Levissi Wine House just up from the main entrance to Kaya Ghost village. The wine was lovely, the setting was spectacular, the service was very good including a mini tour and history of the place (including details of the original Greek family etc) However, the food was very average and the price was extortionate!! [:(!]
On that basis alone, I will not be returning to Levissi Wine House. I love Kaya and it makes such a nice change to spend some time there rather than Hisaronu, Olu and Fethiye (and Calis of course) So if the Kaya Wine House is reasonable we'll give it a go [^]

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Kaya Winehouse
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 21:25:03 PM »
Well, my sister in law is still out there, but I spoke to her Aunty who confirmed it was a fantastic night, and one they can fully recommend. They didnt comment on the prices, so I assume it was ok.  On the subject of the Levissi, we too went there last September, and I agree with all you say about the beautiful setting, the service etc.  But actually,we found it quite reasonable, and our food was delicious. even down to the pizza they cooked for the kids. The bill came to around £20 per person, including wine and starters, and because of the fabulous setting, we were quite happy to pay that.  We were picked up and returned, thus saving on taxis, and we are all really looking forward to returning again in July.  When I get more information from sister in law, I shall post and let you know of the prices.

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Kaya Winehouse
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 21:27:36 PM »
We'll be there in July too.  I can't wait till you've posted.  I'll have to go and try it out too!

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Kaya Winehouse
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 10:10:02 AM »
watch out for the post on Monday night then Elsa!!

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Kaya Winehouse
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 10:11:13 AM »
watch out for the post on Monday night then Elsa!!

Offline Nikos

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 11:25:55 AM »
Hi Sue

Could you please pass on the website details?  This is something I'd be very interested in doing when I'm there in July.

Thanks
Nick

Offline Nikos

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 11:46:19 AM »
Don't worry, got it:

http://www.kayawinehouse.com/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf