Author Topic: Income, Tax etc.  (Read 2178 times)

Offline LeeGlo

Income, Tax etc.
« on: September 03, 2006, 15:12:53 PM »
We are planning to come out to Turkey to live very soon, we have sold our property in the UK and are close to retirement age (58 & 62). We plan to rent something while we look for something to buy. We would be grateful for any advice members could give us on Turkish Tax system.

Initially we would be living on equity from the sale of our property and then our UK state pensions. Would we be better leaving the bulk of our money in UK banks or  putting it all into Turkish banks? Would we have to pay income tax on any interest accrued and eventually on our UK pensions? There does not seem to be any tax free allowance in Turkish income tax so could we be taxed only in the UK?  

It's all very confusing and the nearer it gets the more I worry that we will make mistakes we can't afford. Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks - Glo

Offline Alan Keating

Income, Tax etc.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 14:36:32 PM »
This is not my subject, but I believe it is better to have Lira & Pound accounts. The lira is weak, hence the high interest, I belive inflation is around 9%. I sure others will give a more detailed answer, but I hope this helps. 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf