Author Topic: Turkish Banks  (Read 5196 times)

Offline Firo

Turkish Banks
« on: January 23, 2007, 14:11:24 PM »
Has anyone any recommendations about Turkish Banks....for example which has the best English language web site, English speaking staff in Fethiye, quickest transfer times & lowest charges of cash from UK bank, high savings rates etc etc.
Looking to change our bank when over next so info from those of you living and using the different banks greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Fi

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Banks
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 14:58:26 PM »
Garanti, Akbank (I think) and Finans all have English language online banking; there may also be others.  We use Garanti and Finans, and from a usability aspect, Finans wins hands down.  Fee's and charges are reasonable, we negotiated fixed charges for receiving funds which helps.  Quite a few staff in the Fethiye Finans speak English; the girl who deals with expat accounts, Ayse, has a good reputation for being straightforward and helpful.

JF

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Turkish Banks
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 19:32:59 PM »
Fi

We use Finansbank www.finansbank.com.tr  the website is easy to use and Ayse who works in the Bank speaks excellent English and is very helpful, she also arranged my insurance cover for my apartment and put my electric on DD.

Mark

Mark

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Turkish Banks
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 20:49:43 PM »
Have just moved my accounts from Garanti, always horrendous queues (unless you have a magic card to jump them) information scant & English speaking staff thin on the ground. Am now with Finans & feel much happier with the service.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Turkish Banks
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 21:57:55 PM »
finans bank are very helpful they have a lady there called aysa who speaks very good english and deals with all our transitions etc

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Turkish Banks
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 22:42:27 PM »
We have been with Finans from day 1 and they are ace! Ayse is brilliant. Wouldn't dream of banking anywhere else.

Offline Eric

Turkish Banks
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 15:46:49 PM »
Looks like its Finans bank for us then Fi.  xxx

Offline Firo

Turkish Banks
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 22:43:59 PM »
Seems an overwhelming vote for Finans so Eric we'd better change.
Thanks everyone for your advice much appreciated.
Fi

Offline Invaders

Turkish Banks
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 14:11:08 PM »
Has anyone any information on Koc bank.  However I think they may have chaged their name now but not sure.  Any info would be appreciated on service, setting up of DDs etc
Kevin

Offline Firo

Turkish Banks
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 18:27:09 PM »
Koc bank is the bank we are thinking of changing from...
Reason is that when we transferred £22k,for the house we are having built,earlier last year from our UK bank, it was over 25 days arriving there. Traced it from our end and KOC bank had been sitting on it for over 3 weeks saying they had not received it. As soon as we launched an enquiry and asked for interest it suddenly appeared in our bank account. Make of that what you will but it left a bad taste and have not used them since.
Fi & Eric

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf