Author Topic: Hardcore in Deliktas  (Read 8395 times)

Offline miaspyro

Hardcore in Deliktas
« on: August 26, 2007, 18:58:40 PM »
That got you all wondering didn't it?  I do of course refer to the ever growing piles of hard core which are appearing at the bottom of the valley  Could this be the beginning of the hoped for road or further supplies for the famed viewpoint.  Watch this space. Mia

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 20:16:09 PM »
Hi Mia
When we were out they were working on the storm drains. This should take a few more weeks to finish but in theory can then start to lay the roads.

With regards to The Viewpoint I would not buy there until the lift up to aparts and cable car to fethiye are finished (and I was sure that power cuts were not going to leave me stranded in a glass cable car with temperatures of 40+ degrees in July!) Turkish time... I guess another 20 years.

Offline miaspyro

Hardcore in Deliktas
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 05:39:52 AM »
The hard core has been laid on the lower part of the road, and stops just before the old Turkish houses on the middle road.  Is this the beginning of "THE ROAD" or is it all a dream.  All storm drains in now well as far as i can see, piles of dirt where they surface.  Not sure about living at view point, it is a long way up with no electric, i wonder if anyone has thought of using solar powered generators, or water powered as they do on the south coast of England?

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 07:22:22 AM »
A water powered cable car...there's a thought. :D

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Hardcore in Deliktas
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 07:37:25 AM »
Love the name of this topic! Equally love the content of the topic, the thought of a road is just too much! Thanks for keping us informed. Never thought about the cable car/electricity issue at viewpoint, another thing to keep in mind is if it's windy out- i was once stuck in a ski lift in France with 60 others for 90 minutes due to high winds. Not a great experience but thanskfully it seemed to be windy out and not in!

Offline amanda bullock

Hardcore in Deliktas
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 09:20:16 AM »
hi there.just back from Deliktas.so depressing to be back in this sh***y weather.had a fabulous time but didn't see any of you lot.tried to find you Maria,I know you are near me somewhere.you're right about the piles of gravel.Everyday it all seemed to change position.I think there is a muck fairy at work in the night!!!!!!!!!The viewpoint is coming along now isn't it?still a bit noisy though.Had builders in the appt AGAIN while we were there.Jackhammrs this time.Taken 3 ft off basement walls all round and replaced plaster with some mould free stuff(HA,we'll see).never a dull moment in Turkey!!!!!
Went up to Green Valley bar a few times.got a lovely welcome off Ayan and Adam the chef.lovely appts,very tidy and clean.

Offline miaspyro

Hardcore in Deliktas
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 16:06:58 PM »
hi Happy they have or had them in Hastings and Folkstone, both built in Victorian era i think.  So as you can tell up to date technology, still they have been working a while.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Hardcore in Deliktas
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 17:17:14 PM »
Hi Amanda, it is lousy to be back, I've been moisturising like mad to try and keep my tan but there is no doubt that when I go back to school(work) on Monday I will look as pale and interesting as always! Glad you went to GV and were warmly welcomed, sorry to here that you had to have workmen in takes the edge off of a holiday! My inlaws are at our place in GV complex at the mo. Just waiting for them to remember to switch on their mobile to catch up with the news and here whose house they have been drinking coffee in this time!

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 07:15:52 AM »
Thanks for keeping an eye on developments Mia. Amanda - tried calling the number that you sent me when we arrived in Fethiye but no luck. Schools go back next week so all you lucky teachers who spent 3+ weeks in Turkey (my wife Angela is one) are all going to get a bit of a reality shock now!

Offline amanda bullock

Hardcore in Deliktas
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 19:33:56 PM »
sorry to have missed you Doug.maybe next time.Had a fabulous hols this time and like you say,there will be a hell of a come down on wednesday when i go back to work.chin up Angela!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf