Author Topic: Cheap calls from UK to Turkish landline + mobile  (Read 2464 times)

Offline roseh1

Cheap calls from UK to Turkish landline + mobile
« on: October 14, 2007, 15:57:23 PM »
Hi, I have just found a cheap way to make calls from UK landlines to Turkish landlines and Turkish mobiles.

UK landline to Turkish landline 1 pence/minute. Phonecheap.
UK landline to Turkish mobile 4 pence/minute. Budgetcom.

The numbers work with UK mobiles but the cost is higher (20 pence/minute with Orange).

For UK landline to Turkish landline dial 0844 861 3838, listen to the prompt that tells you the price of the call. Enter the number you wish to dial, including the international dialing code and press the hash key.

For UK landline to Turkish mobile dial 0844 428 5353, listen to the prompt that tells you the price of the call. Enter the number you wish to dial, including the international dialing code and press the hash key.

There is no conract or additional fee, the cost of the call will simply appear on your usual phone bill.

Hope this is helpful. It will save me a fortune calling friends and family as I don't live in Turkey yet.

For those of you who have used Dialwise I think these are sister companies. I have called talktalk (my uk phone provider) and they have confirmed that the call charges are as stated. It might be worth checking with your phone provider if you are not with talktalk.

If you have any questions I will try to help.

Helen.

Offline philrose

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 16:08:56 PM »
Very useful info - seems to be one of the cheapest deals around.
Now I just need a similar cheap deal for calls from Turkey to the UK:D

Offline maria

• Alfreton, UK
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 17:36:47 PM »
Thanks for that info Helen The company I am using at the moment Charge 2p min from landline to landline and 8p min from landline to mobile so will save me a fortune over the year

Thanks again
maria x

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 17:38:22 PM »
:DThats great, I must give that a try, hope it does'nt sound a daft question but does it work on pay as you go. ;)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 21:10:16 PM »
gave it a try tonight will just wait for my next phone bill

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 21:58:47 PM »
Did you all miss the one that Scunner posted earlier?
http://www.nonoh.net/en/index.html

Gives FREE calls to Turkish landlines plus totally free calls to many destinations. Voip via your ordinary phone. I worked out that if the credit needed is £10. It'll only cost us around £20 a year for up to 5 hrs of phone calls worldwide weekly a year.

They give you up to 60mins of free calls to try it. Then you have to put money into acount for 120 days of free calls, (limited to 5hrs per week) your credit doesn't go down. Calls using your credit are cheap but then you can recredit & get another 120 days of free calls

Offline roseh1

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 10:58:50 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by laffa

:DThats great, I must give that a try, hope it does'nt sound a daft question but does it work on pay as you go. ;)

If you mean pay as you go turkish mobile yes but avoid using it from a british mobile as it is expensive.

Helen

Offline roseh1

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 11:02:35 AM »
Originally posted by lindacarl

Did you all miss the one that Scunner posted earlier?
http://www.nonoh.net/en/index.html

Gives FREE calls to Turkish landlines plus totally free calls to many destinations. Voip via your ordinary phone. I worked out that if the credit needed is £10. It'll only cost us around £20 a year for up to 5 hrs of phone calls worldwide weekly a year.

They give you up to 60mins of free calls to try it. Then you have to put money into acount for 120 days of free calls, (limited to 5hrs per week) your credit doesn't go down. Calls using your credit are cheap but then you can recredit & get another 120 days of free calls

I wanted to find a cheaper way of calling mobiles as some people i talt to don't have landlines.

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 12:57:42 PM »
Helen - that is really cheap for phoning Turkish mobiles.

The other one gives LOTS of destinations for FREE - including US, Australia, Canada, China, Austria, Thailand etc. etc. Turkish mobiles are 4.9p incl. VAT (cheaper than calling UK mobiles!) but landlines are free.
If you want to call other countries then I think it's probably unbeatable.

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 15:27:59 PM »
Hi try voipcheap.com 10 euro deposit and loads of free calls from turkey to uk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf