Author Topic: Vet recommendations  (Read 6856 times)

Offline booo

Vet recommendations
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 12:13:59 PM »
The vet next to Migros past the Sahil Restaurant is called Pasteur vet.
We take our dog there and are happy with the care that she gets.

Offline quackers

Vet recommendations
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 13:35:57 PM »
We use Kent vet for our little!! monster and he always comes out to give him his jabs etc as we don't have transport. Very good vet and the monster likes him as well.

Offline baklavalover

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 14:43:09 PM »
Thanks guys - Pasteur Murat looked after my German Shepherd for 5 years til he got poisoned and died in August and he is excellent but I cant go back there, coz it'll make me cry.
Scunner....whats the punch line anyway ????

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Vet recommendations
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 14:53:35 PM »
KKOB asked how much Kent quoted, you need to answer to feed the hilarious punchline

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Vet recommendations
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 22:54:10 PM »
Um, when I was in the UK, my vet used ex hospital equipment for anaesthetising animals.  Hopefully, this ensured a safe op.  Do any vets in the Fethiye region use this?  

Also in the UK my pets were weighed to ensure they had the correct dosage.

Not naming names but this hasn't been my experience in Fethiye and I wondered if my experience is the norm.....

Offline wingnut

Vet recommendations
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 22:59:47 PM »
you can do this op yourself for 2 lira ,just go to builders yard and get 2 bricks for 1 lira each but be careful you dont catch your thumbs when you bang them together

Offline Linda

Vet recommendations
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 23:01:50 PM »
Blue Lagoon in Ovacik - I cannot recommend Serkan Tarim highly enough ... he genuinely loves animals

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Vet recommendations
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 23:09:40 PM »
Sorry, I am sure the vets love animals.  But I really am wanting to know what vets (if any) make sure the dose of anaesthesia they use is tailored to the needs of the animal.

I am really sorry, this sounds like a critisism of the vet I have been using.  But I am curious to know if it is normal procedure to inject an animal with anaesthetic without weighing and no monitiring equipment, simply keeping an eye on the animals reaction.

Offline busybee

Vet recommendations
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 06:28:49 AM »
We have always used the two vets at Pet-Life - Emree and Mustafa. They have always given us excellent service at a fair price. Always come to our home for innoculations and any problems our dog has. We have also asked them to come on a quite a few occassions regarding an injured stork, dumped rotweiller puppies, and to look at a horse that was hobbled.  Also taken waifs and strays to them to take to the animal santurary.  Mustafa does a lot of work at the sanctuary.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Vet recommendations
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 09:06:32 AM »
I think my vet in Turkey is very caring and he has operated on my pets and they have all survived and are doing well.  It's just this question of equipment and moitoring that I am asking about.  Does anyone have inside knowledge of the equipment used during an op?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf