Author Topic: Vet recommendations  (Read 6858 times)

Offline baklavalover

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 17:28:30 PM »
well just to update youall, I used Pasteur for Alfie Kittens op and he was given back to me unconscious and hardly breathing.  He puked for 12 hours......So I wonder if Rindaloo is right regarding dosage. It stressed me out completely having this half deead little thing on the passenger seat going home... The saddest thing is that after that, a month later he disappeared and I never found him.  Poor little mite.  Anyway, I now have another little one, Isabella Tortellini (tortoise shell) who is now about due her op.  I will not take her back to Murat though.  Kent want 145 lira and this includes anti emetic (anti vomit) drugs and an anaestethic reversal.

Offline Rita

Vet recommendations
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 20:55:33 PM »
I had two male kittens neutered by Serkan and they were absolutely fine.  I'm about to take two females in some time this month to be spayed.  I have complete trust in him and wouldn't dream of going anywhere else.

Offline Julesp

Vet recommendations
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 21:55:30 PM »
Serkan has always had good reviews on here,
 My dogs always go to Laras because they know him and he and his assistant are very good with them,Ive recommended him to friends too and they have all been pleased, he picks them up from my house and they get so excited to see him, werent too happy when they came back missing their bits though a few years back:D

I Used kent Vet once 5 years ago and wasnt impressed by care or cost

Ankavet near Bp garage support Animal Aid,I think, and though I dont use them They seem very nice

Lara, 2 years ago. neutered my female cat for 100tl Toms are cheaper to do I believe, :D

Offline sunnyd

Vet recommendations
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 22:27:41 PM »
I have used Kent vet for several years and never had problems. They are the best as far as I am concerned. I did use a vet on the Gunlukbaşi road, a few years ago, (that was recommended by the place at Uzumlu), after I got 2 kittens from them. Unfortunately the diagnosis and treatment were not correct. One kitten died after treatment, and the other was extremely ill and totally incorrectly diagnogised by the same vet. I took the surviving kitten to Kent and they treated him, kept him there, and he recovered.
I now will use no other vet... Kent vet for me all the way.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 22:28:38 PM by sunnyd »

Offline janmack

Vet recommendations
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2011, 23:12:50 PM »
Personally we would now recommend Serkan.  
With previous vets we were always asked to hold our pets when they were vaccinated, sometimes it was hit and miss as a vet would appear to get nervous if the pet in question got nervous and our pets would scream very loudly.
Serkan comes along, kisses our pets, holds them and injects, problem yok, excellent :))  
Kents vets were fantastic when we 1st moved out here and a kitten we adopted was attacked by 3 dogs, 2 broken legs and tail amputation, our Mackenzie is the Guv'nor round here thanks to them.

Offline sunnyd

Vet recommendations
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2011, 00:25:15 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by janmack

Kents vets were fantastic when we 1st moved out here and a kitten we adopted was attacked by 3 dogs, 2 broken legs and tail amputation, our Mackenzie is the Guv'nor round here thanks to them.

..... Kent Vet it is then  :)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Vet recommendations
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011, 05:29:03 AM »
The best vets in town are Ankavet next to the BP station in Calis, they really do care about animals and are on call 24/7, it is a family business and they are very welcoming, they have a fully equipped surgery and recovery rooms plus boarding kennels.

:)

Offline janmack

Vet recommendations
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2011, 06:53:32 AM »
Yes Nikki, Kent's are undoubtedly good.  Our pets just seem more comfortable with Serkan, maybe because he's closer to where we live and he always suggests coming to the house, when possible,  rather than us going to him. Pets don't get so stressed.

Offline Firo

Vet recommendations
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2011, 09:28:38 AM »
I took our tiny 6 month old puppy (fully grown about the size of a jack russell)to Kent Vets a few years ago as she needed to have a contraceptive injection as she was due in season and, as we were going away, she was going to kennels.
She had the injection and for 2 years never came into season.
After Serkan had saved our other dogs life, after a poisoning incident, we transferred all our business to him as he just interacts with so much love for the dogs.
We decided to have the little one neutered and on our return to collect her the same night were told that she had a cancerous womb and ovaries (which we were shown). Serkan, at this point, had never seen her records and he said that it was a typical reaction to a contraceptive overdose and asked if she had ever had this treatment. When we produced her records there it was recorded in the back...a human contraceptive, administered by Kent Vets, used on a small puppy and the dose was enough for a great dane!
She has totally recovered and has transformed from a grumpy little dog into in mischievous 3 year old full of life thanks to Serkan.
Never again would I use Kent vets and my dogs, all 3 of them, just adore going to see Serkan as they get lots of love and fuss from him.
He operates 24/7 as we found out at the time of the poisoning when he saw us twice at 11pm and then again at 1.30am - 3am over a Bayram period and nothing is ever too much trouble.
If you need a vet who will treasure and interact with your pets like you do he's the only one I would recommend.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:35:37 AM by Firo »

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Vet recommendations
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2011, 09:55:12 AM »
We went to 2 vets in Fethiye and they could not solve what was wrong with our border collie. We went to Serkan and he told us what he thought was the problem and his assessment was spot on.Like Fiona, we not only went to Serkan for the treatment of our dogs but also because of the way he handles them. Where I found some vets scared of our big dog, Serkan would just go up to him with so much confidence that it made the dog calm. Our 2 dogs did not mind going to see Serkan because they got a load of fuss and some treats.Our border collie always had major panic attacks when we turned up at the vets but she was never as calm as she was when we went to Serkan.For me heis one of theingsthat I miss most about Turkey. he is a caring vet that will only do what is good for the animal.

Even now that we are back in the UK, I still contact Serkan if we have any problems before I take them to our local vet.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf