Author Topic: Vet recommendations  (Read 6855 times)

Offline quackers

Vet recommendations
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011, 08:20:16 AM »
I agree with Tinkerman best vet for us is Ankavet. Caring, kind and our dogs (even our street dog) love him. He saved our street dogs life after she was poisoned also having a vet on call 24/7 is a godsend.And his mother makes lovely cay.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Vet recommendations
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »
his mother makes a lovey breakfast, dinner and tea:D ;)

He is the only vet that would recognise Animal Aid and looks after us very well ;)

Offline martha mcginn

Vet recommendations
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2011, 14:09:07 PM »
Cant be more expensive than here - ive just paid £69 for a visit to the vet and a one inch tube of eye ointment for my wee dog - aaagggghh

Offline Julesp

Vet recommendations
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 22:33:03 PM »
Just as an idea of the costs here

My 2 dogs have just been to our usual vet, Laras, as Ive said before, I use him because my dogs have known him for over 5 years and trust him.

They each had shave, nails clipped, bath, rabies vaccine, mixed vaccine, worm treatment and treated with frontline, picked up and returned to my house in Calis from Fethiye, 240 tl for both of them, and they love the day out too!!

Id be interested to know the corresponding costs in the Uk at the moment

Offline Julesp

Vet recommendations
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2011, 22:35:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

his mother makes a lovey breakfast, dinner and tea:D ;)

He is the only vet that would recognise Animal Aid and looks after us very well ;)

Theyve moved into a villa near me I think They ran out while I was walking my 2 dogs past and gave me one of their beware of the dogs signs, the lady  seemed very nice!!

Offline Carolyn1957

Vet recommendations
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 10:18:32 AM »
We use Suckun at Ankavet. He came to our home in Kemer to inject our adopted street dog one Saturday evening. I asked if he had a particular brand of ear drops we use on one of our other dogs we brought from the UK. He hadn't any but came back an hour later with the drops. He came last Sunday afternoon to give our adopted dog her second jab. He is gentle with the animals and is obviously fond of them. He has got special food for our gluten-intolerant dog which he will bring to us, along with worming tablets, flea treatments etc.

I first met him last year in unhappier circumstances when a street dog had been badly injured. He met us at the surgery in Kemer on a Sunday afternoon to do all he could. Unfortunately there wasn't a happy ending - we decided the next day that the dog wouldn't survive and to continue treatment was pointless. Again, he was kind, caring and compassionate.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Vet recommendations
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 11:24:23 AM »
We have called him out several times during the night, never a problem and no call out charge.

Offline JulieF

Vet recommendations
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 11:29:45 AM »
I agree with Quackers, Tinkerman and Carolyn. Suckun at Ankavet is brilliant. I have no transport and he comes to see my dog in Kemer. He is really good with him. If he hasn't got the medication you need as Carolyn said he will get it to you. He is really good with my dog who, and his prices are very reasonable. I have other friends with dogs in Kemer who are really pleased with Suckun too. He visits evenings and weekends and nothing seems to be any trouble.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf