Author Topic: Ferry to Rhodes - rhodes hotel says not working!  (Read 1136 times)

Offline fredam

Ferry to Rhodes - rhodes hotel says not working!
« on: June 19, 2008, 19:54:56 PM »
I have looked through the pat threads about this, and they say the ferry/hydrofoil is going to ~Rhodes from Fethiye.  However, we just booked a hotel there and they emailed me saying that their travel agent told them today that the only transport to Rhodes from Turkey AT ALL is a ferry from Marmaris.  Could anyone please advise if they know for sure that the hydro/ferry/whatever, is running currently?  Thanks so much in advance

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 23:22:08 PM »
Ferry leaves Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, May and June and 6 days a week July, leaving at 9.30am returning at 4.30pm.  We travelled on it last week.    Website   http://www.olymposyachting.com/en/ferry_boat/rhodes_fethiye.asp
Jacqui.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 06:17:27 AM »
Try www.yesildalyantravel.com  These people actually operate the service so you are more likely to obtain correct up to date information. :)

Just checked and their website is under construction so I have emailed you their phone number in Fethiye and their email addy. :)

Offline fredam

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 06:42:02 AM »
Thank you both....that is the website I looked at from the older forum posts.  Once the hotel said that, though, I thought, there are indeed a lot of aging websites hanging around, arent there?  If it was running last week,  I won't worry so much.  But I'll email them to be sure.

Thanks again!

ps...did you enjoy it Jacqui?  We thought we would stay two nights in case we never go back.  lol

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 10:38:35 AM »
Fourth time we have been, we love it, stayed two nights at an Hotel and hired a car for the day and toured the island.   I know you will have a great time.
Jacqui.

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 18:39:02 PM »
We saw the hydrofoil go out of Fethiye earlier this week...not sure what day though.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf