Author Topic: Maintenance Charges  (Read 4627 times)

Offline saoirse

Maintenance Charges
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 20:24:38 PM »
bikerchick I thought you were up here with us bumpkins in Uzumlu

Offline tillyfloss

Maintenance Charges
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 21:18:16 PM »
What do people think is a reaonable price for maintenance per month for a complex of five villas?  I've always wondered.  We get charged a monthly fee PLUS extra for pool chemicals and elec. round the complex.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Maintenance Charges
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 22:33:38 PM »
It might be a good idea to start from the other end, as it were  :-\[:o)].  

The average wage in Turkey is £240/250 PCM.  What are the duties/responsibilities you require of a 'maitenance' employee, hours, tasks etc, (this will vary depending on the complex requirements).  Is this a part-time position (how many hours needed, pw, pcm, pa.  What & how much 'Extra's' eg: chemicals for pool etc are required.

The other point I would have in my mind as a comparison is how much it would cost in the UK & take into account cost of living here & there, divide etc.  

You will probably still be just as confused as before :D[:o)], but at least you will have done your sums [^] ;)

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
Maintenance Charges
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 23:29:43 PM »
Anything from £350-£500 per year is about right.
   Any more and you had better get a lot for it.
Mine is £600,but i get a lot for it.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Maintenance Charges
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 07:25:30 AM »
There is an alternative.Use the turkish methodof condominium rules.Orgonise a meeting of all owners.Purchase a large diary or register.At the meeting,agree what you all want,ie pool service,one hour a day say, for  three days a week.A cleaning person once a week to do stairs etc.Garden person once a week or more.With the register and the opening meeting minutes, go to notary,pay the fee and get it all registered.Then get your three employees, not difficult if you look around or talk to a friendly local.In short,we pay 69ytl a month for the current year up to and including May 2009.Within that 69ytl there is sufficient to also add various requests from owners or purchase a new mower etc.At our first meeting we all agreed how many months the pool would be available.Who would be the manager for the year etc.This was prepared in the form of a letter to all which was signed by all owners and returned to the manager for the file.Incidentaly we also agreed a fine for anyone not paying maintenence on time,ie monthly.An account was opened in a bank,its details given to all owners and all payments by residents are now paid by direct debit.Hope this is helpful to all.No profit to excesive charges by so called maintenence companies.

Offline tillyfloss

Maintenance Charges
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 09:05:24 AM »
When do people have their pools in use each year?  We couldn't use ours in May because of the amount of pollen in it from trees.  It was a bit of a pain, especially because it was the kids holiday.

Offline bikerchickblonde

Maintenance Charges
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 11:35:28 AM »
Yes, Saiorse, I am an Uzumlu bumpkin (BikerchickbumpkinBlonde:D)... but still have an apartment in Ovacik which have to maintain!   Thanks also for all information from everyone!   I think I definitely do pay too much!!

Offline joan

Maintenance Charges
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 07:01:28 AM »
Tillyfloss we pay 80TL a month but we also pay extra for pool chemicals,this year we paid 110TL extra.Chemicals are exspenive or so we have been told.This year we have also had to pay extra money towards the electric site fees as the price of electricity has gone up so much.Our pool opening dates are officially from 15th May to 31st October but this year the pool was open 1st May so that it had warmed up by the 15th.These dates should be decided at your AGM meeting were you can all vote.Hope this has been some help to you.

Offline Maisie58

Maintenance Charges
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 02:37:04 AM »
Yes, I also think £65 is too much each for 4 in the complex. Do you have  a full-time gardener on site for this price? (I do not think so). Minimum wages are now set at around 690 Lira per month but I think that there is health insurance to pay on top of this.  Your communal electricity must surely be less than on a bigger site and the chemicals for the pool should be  a bit less - is your pool emptied at the end of season - it is cheaper than to feed it chemicals during the winter-and then it gets tanked up again at start of spring.

If you email me direct I will send you a spreadsheet showing the breakdown of our charges in a complex of 18 apartments. We are each paying £70 and that includes a contingency fund (and we think this is  a bit pricey as well now that we are looking more closely at the charges for the maintenance year that is almost over).

Offline grahamturner09

Maintenance Charges
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 19:19:13 PM »
I am on a complex of fourteen apartments and pay £375 a year for outside lights grounds and pool works out at £31 a month.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf