Author Topic: Phoning for Taxi's etc.  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Lol59

Phoning for Taxi's etc.
« on: January 14, 2009, 16:01:29 PM »
We will be renting a villa in Calis Beach and will probably need to call taxi's etc. from there.
I don't want a huge bill on my mobile when I get back.  What is the cheapest way to make these calls.
Could I get a Turkish "pay as you go" sim whilst there and just use up the credit on that.  Would it be compatable with most UK phones?
I really am not very experienced in these matters, so up to date advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Lorraine

Offline amanda bullock

Phoning for Taxi's etc.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 17:02:58 PM »
i think you have to have your phone unlocked to use a turkish sim card cos mine never worked.lol.Best to buy a cheap turkish phone with a sim and keep it for over there.I'm sure one of the phone buffs will let you know for deff.x

Offline kevin b

Phoning for Taxi's etc.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 17:06:33 PM »
You will need your phone unlocked & probably need to register it so it does not get cut off which can happen from 7 days onwards.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Phoning for Taxi's etc.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 18:49:03 PM »
What I found was best on holiday there was to get a taxi home first (rather than a taxi out) and tell the driver you want picking up whenever at whatever time for your next one. Even if he doesn't speak English he'll at least know where to come - thus not costing you expensive minutes trying to explain on the phone - and let him know your first name.

Our taxi driver way back in the days when we holidayed there only knew two English words (and one of those was Migros  ;) ) - but I could phone him say "Keith, Taxi" and soon enough he was outside. Many notepad sketches of clocks at certain times from him, but never more than 20 seconds on the blower for me  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf