Author Topic: Help Needed  (Read 9954 times)

Offline ytokgoz

• www.propertyandturkey.com
Help Needed
« on: March 19, 2009, 00:48:18 AM »
hello all,
as some of you know i have been working on a project oludenizguide.com over 400 years ... now i made a new design of it and have a fresher look for the website.
I am just testing the website at the moment and would like you to visit the site and tell me everything what you dont like about it, what you liked about it, grammer mistakes, missing or wrong pictures and what else would you like to see on it.
Also there is a forum about only oludeniz, like hotels, restaurants etc. For whom had stayed in any of oludeniz hotels or eaten in any oludeniz restaurants i would appreciate if you write your comments in the forum for tourists to see it.
I have asked Scunner for permission to put this post on CBF and also as cbf is a sister website to oludenizguide i put a link on calis page of the site.
Just to clearify some things;
1) it is not in competition with cbf at all as cbf is in calis and for everybody, my forum and website is for oludeniz and for tourists who would like to learn about oludeniz. I am not copying anything just trying to promote oludeniz, my hotel(lycian dreams, as you can see from adverts) and other good businesses.
2)Will i earn money from it? yes i hope so but dont think too much.
3)I am not travel agency. All the emails to hotels for bookings go directly to hotel owners and they reply
4) all the emails about dalaman transfers goes to reliable companies in fethiye and they come up with the cheapest but quality prices and i offer it to your service
5) all the emails for car hires goes to few car companies and they offer me a cheap but good price

in conclucion; i made this website, please support and promote it to everybody who would like to learn about oludeniz...

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 02:37:49 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by ytokgoz

in conclucion; i made this website

Then you must have made this one as well... http://www.africaaway.com/

If you are going to steal someone else's code/website then at least do it properly.  Not only did you steal their web site, you haven't got the basic knowledge of html/css to remove the references to their products from the code.
quote:
<H1 class=visit_africa_title>Quick Link to Hotels in Oludeniz</H1>

Its people like you who give honest & hard working web developers a bad name.

JF

Offline ytokgoz

Help Needed
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 06:52:50 AM »
yes u r right jf,can you teach me how to steal properly than? as it sounds like you have quite good experience about stealing websites?I wouldnt imagine to change the css tags which users can not see, but if you even know these you must be pro too. Perhaps you can show me your portfolio of stolen web sites? I am sure you would like to show me? or perhaps you would like to send it to me as private message?or meeting in oludeniz and show me from your laptop? whichever.

You sound like you are a web designer kind of thing and yes  i have downloaded it from africa away template, as  it is a ready made dreamweaver template(.dwt) & css on the internet found around.it is not the code that counts right now because the designs keep changing all the time and cant have the time to design new again right this time.

finally you may want to read this article "Pablo Picasso, the first living artist to be featured in the Louvre, influenced the artistic world in a uniquely original way. So why is he known for saying "Good artists copy, great artists steal"?
"
visit this link http://www.sitepoint.com/article/copy-great-designers-steal/
any way thank you for you comments finally and would like to have the pleasure of meeting you personally with my cousins  :)

Offline ytokgoz

Help Needed
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 07:14:20 AM »
just remembered, also the logo is from free logo company at the link
http://www.templatesbox.com/free-logo-templates/index.htm
before you said, but they give logos for free

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Help Needed
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 08:20:03 AM »
Why do your cousins need to meet John F.??

Offline steveb1

Help Needed
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 08:33:04 AM »
Hi ytokgoz it looks good to me for telling people about the area. I think you need to get a lot more hotels etc on board?.
 But 100% better than I could do how about getting local restaurants and bars to offer discounts when booked though your site this will increase there business and maybe you can earn from it to?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Help Needed
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 12:38:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ytokgoz

yes u r right jf,can you teach me how to steal properly than? as it sounds like you have quite good experience about stealing websites?I wouldnt imagine to change the css tags which users can not see, but if you even know these you must be pro too.
I have good experience; from both sides of the fence.  I have worked for copyright holders identifying design work and code being used without their permission and also I'm quite happy to be inspired by someone else design/code.  However copying is not the same as being inspired.

A recent example - client wants "terms & conditions" for a hotel booking website.  Solution - take one from an existing site and create your own using their content as a guide.  Result is a unique document, over which you hold the copyright.
quote:
You sound like you are a web designer kind of thing and yes  i have downloaded it from africa away template, as  it is a ready made dreamweaver template(.dwt) & css on the internet found around.it is not the code that counts right now because the designs keep changing all the time and cant have the time to design new again right this time.
Why cant you have the time to create a new design?  Isn't that what its all about?  If web designers simply stole each others designs wouldn't the internet be a very boring place?

quote:
finally you may want to read this article "Pablo Picasso, the first living artist to be featured in the Louvre, influenced the artistic world in a uniquely original way. So why is he known for saying "Good artists copy, great artists steal"?

Hmmm... there is serious doubt that he actually said that, a point highlighted in that article.  Also, the main focus of the article is how there is nothing wrong with taking someone elses design and being inspired to create your own from it - it does not recommend or condone stealing other peoples work.
quote:
any way thank you for you comments finally and would like to have the pleasure of meeting you personally with my cousins  :)
Tea and scones?  Or am I missing the more sinister undertone to your last comment?

JF

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Help Needed
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 13:01:30 PM »
ytokgoz
certain comments on your post come across as untoward, JF as tried to explain to you in a nice way and this is how you respond (joking or not)

Offline karen and pauline

Help Needed
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 21:53:56 PM »
oh my god here we go again - I don't know either JF or ytokgoz and have not looked at the website either so am not an interested party in this but just a member of CBF that does get fed up of people being so horrid to each other on here and not giving each other common courtesy.

sorry puma but you pulled ytokgoz up when in fact JF's comments were not particularly friendly to start with and I think ytokgoz did a good job of explaining himself - I don't think he said he was a web designer just that he had had a go at designing his own site - I wouldn't have the foggiest idea where to start so if I could get a template etc. for something I was trying to do that great!  I do appreciate for the money-making web designers out there this does them out of a fee but we are all entitled to have a go.

Sorry don't really want to get caught up in the debate just hate the bickering and back-stabbing that goes on in this site sometimes, particularly if you are not with the in-crowd.

Had my rant - apologies if I have upset anyone - rant over.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Help Needed
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 22:04:41 PM »
karen and pauline the comment i was refering too was posted by ytokgoz "would like the pleasure of personally meeting you with my cousins." not very nice whether joking or not,you just do not post in that manner

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf