Author Topic: TEDAS - Value Judgements...  (Read 1812 times)

Offline BabaYard

TEDAS - Value Judgements...
« on: April 15, 2009, 09:05:57 AM »
Before the start of last season, our previous maintenance company informed us that four of the electricity meters on our site had packed up over the winter period, and new ones needed to be installed.. At a cost of course! On top of that, we were also subjected to a 600 TL 'value judgement' by TEDAS as an estimation of the amount of electricity we might have used over the winter period. Unfortunately, I was not able to get to Turkey before the direct debit was taken, however I know of at least one owner who was able to visit TEDAS and negotiate a vastly discounted fee, on the basis that they could prove they were not in the country i.e. passport visa stamps. It's virtually impossible to reclaim the money once the DD has been taken.

Would you believe it...........? The very same thing has happened this year, except this time it is the communal electricity pump that pumps water from the communal water well to our individual villa's.. It's funny how some maintenance companies can be so proactive with regards to informing us about such emergencies (the emergency being that they want another up front payment to cover the ever increasing float...) yet when we simply require them to perform their contracted duties, the behaviour seems quite the opposite - anyway that's another story.

I would be interested to know if how many other owners have fallen victim to such a consistent misfortune? My sense is, that this is rife! Call me a cynical ol' bugger  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf