Author Topic: Dolphins and exchange rate  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Carpete

Dolphins and exchange rate
« on: August 06, 2009, 18:18:05 PM »
Does anyone have any info on the dolphine at Kas please? I have emailed them so I know they are there but can get no response to my questions about a single swimming session for my autistic grandson (rather than their 2 weeks therapy programme).
Secondly, what is the exchange rate at present please from the change shops. Are they offering better than the banks right now?
Thanks
Carol

Offline Nick

Dolphins and exchange rate
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 09:51:31 AM »

Whilst I appreciate the appeal of swimming with dolphins - especially if there may be some medical benefit please check it out thoroughly before doing it.

Some very serious doubts have been raised by some about the conditions in which the dolphins are kept - this applies to a number of these 'therapy' centres (including the one at Kas) as well as general dolphin parks.

I do not pretend to be an expert on these things but I have been convinced by the arguments of others that I personally could not support such places.

Look at the following link for more information/discussion and try doing a search on the word 'dolphin' on both the CB and Trip Advisor furums this subject has cropped up before

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298002-i1495-k2870205-l18717412-Swim_with_dolphins-Altinkum_Izmir_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}19776

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf