Author Topic: Cheaper Electric Bills  (Read 4120 times)

Offline tonysue

Cheaper Electric Bills
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 22:49:36 PM »
I was quoted £30 plus £10 fitting cost total £40 per unit for these timers- how does this price compare with yours as a matter of interest.

Offline slartibartfast

Cheaper Electric Bills
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 23:29:26 PM »
TonySue, if that question was for me, I am going to get my timers and have them fitted by the contact Barry & Di have posted.   The timers I was looking at in the UK ranged from £30 - £50 each, and I was far from confident I could get anyone to understand how to fit them correctly in Turkey.    I probably could have fitted them myself but didn't really want to !

Yes it's still a fair bit of money to get them fitted to each ACU.  Some people would rather charge guests more money and just accept the rental will cover the electricity bill.  We decided we wanted try and conserve energy without making life difficult for guests.  We think it's a good middle ground.   I can't say we have worked out the cost/payback timescale .... but when you factor in further savage electricity increases, pale "greenness", and extended ACU life-span, it just "feels" the right thing to do.

We did look at a different system which had a movement sensor and would turn off ACU's if there was no movement in the room, but They were £50 per unit, ran on batteries and looked like the COULD be more problematic.    The idea was good if only they weren't so expensive.

I haven't been able to find a better option
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 00:51:01 AM by slartibartfast »

Offline milorni

Cheaper Electric Bills
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 08:05:43 AM »
We have these fitted and have had complaints from one lot of tenants who said that when they booked the villa and it said it had air-con they expected it to be on all the time not that they had to keep turning it back on every couple of hours :D

Offline normbosh

Cheaper Electric Bills
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 11:12:25 AM »
we have got electric key card fitted and the front door and patio door keys welded together,so when our renters go out the electric
gos of in 30 seconds, and if they thing they can lay around the pool
with the AC on and the door not locked, that would be VERY stupid thin to do, I have heard of 3 cases of people laying round pool
with the patio door open and getting robed :o

Offline slartibartfast

Cheaper Electric Bills
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 11:26:13 AM »
No much I can say to that :-)

Offline ezza37

Cheaper Electric Bills
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 18:24:06 PM »
Yes, we have also had these air-con timers fitted by the same company and are very pleased with the end result. We were also charged £40 per unit including fitting which we thought was very reasonable. They were fitted within a few days of ordering and the company did a great job. Thoroughly recommended.
If anyone needs anymore info, please do not hesitate to email me.
I have a photo which I will try to download on here but don't hold your breath as I don't really know what I am doing!!!!

Offline antonia1966

Cheaper Electric Bills
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 16:36:31 PM »
We had the timers fitted today.  The guy turned up on time, cleaned up after himself and was very helpful. We paid £120 for 3 timers supplied and fitted. Would recommend him.  Thanks again , timers  :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Cheaper Electric Bills
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 16:52:50 PM »
We have the electric card option so that when people go out the card has to be rmoved (welded to the keys). We find this does work but they can leave them on if they are in the house. There is a self timer on the aircon remote though and that can be set to switch them off and doesn't cost a penny.

Offline slartibartfast

Cheaper Electric Bills
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 20:12:45 PM »
Stoop, we already have a key-fob system like that but it's a bit of a blunt instrument.   They are fine  a hotel room or even a 1 or 2 bedroom place when there is more chance of everyone coming and going at the same time (so only 1 set of keys is needed).      

We often have or 3 couples or families where the oldies or youngies want to come and go at different times.  If you give them 2 sets of keys they both need a key fob (or somebody sits in the dark until the other get home !).  If they have 2 key fobs, they can leave one in the slot permanently and just use the 1 set of keys with the air-con going all the time !  

The key fob system also has other problems .. like when they don't wire up the villa so the right things stay on when the fob is removed !

In hindsight I wouldn't bother with a key fob system at all and just rely on delay timers like these on the ACU's and immersion heater.  The money saved on the key-fob would more than have paid for the timers !  

Offline Andrew H

Cheaper Electric Bills
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 17:50:02 PM »
Cant agree with that last comment we had the saver card installed this year villa has been fully occupied all summer with no problems and a 30% electric saving.

We only give 1 set out, guests have to sort themselves out because if you give then 2 someone will want 3 sets.

Absolutly no mess when installed like everything in Turkey use the right people for the right job

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf