Author Topic: looking for house owner  (Read 7228 times)

Offline jacques

looking for house owner
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 17:51:09 PM »
Hello Kevin,
Thank you for your kind attention but I don't believe to have any chance to get it due to its answer above, unfortunately I was not  waiting for such answer (I do thing that I raised a wrong question..it's probably my mistake!)

Offline jacques

looking for house owner
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 18:33:37 PM »

Hello to all

I am still looking for buying house  for myself:If you know any with 4/5 bedrooms and 1 lounge with open kitchen ,total square m arround 180/220 m2 along the seaside and between Fethiye and Calis offer will be appreciated.
Have a nice day/Jacques  

quote:
Originally posted by jacques

hello!
I am looking for the owner of the yellow triplex house located close to the sea  between Kardelen cafeteria and the new fisher harbour.
House is for sale and I would like to discuss directely with the owner.
Thanks a lot for your help if you know him(as far as I know he is English ?)
Have a nice day

Offline Firo

looking for house owner
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 20:35:30 PM »
Ours fits the bill but it's in Uzumlu  8) If you change your mind about the area let us know and I can send you some pictures.
Fi

Offline jacques

looking for house owner
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 18:35:06 PM »
Hello Firo
Its always my pleasure to discuss with you when we meet ourselves in different markets and as I told you I am not thinking to Uzumlu area  because its enough far away from Fethiye and during winter time I am afraid that (perhaps)days should be long!
Have a nice evening
Jacques

Offline jacques

looking for house owner
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 10:09:20 AM »
Hello Scuner,

I was reading you on  web side what kind of advices I could find as regards my project for buying house.

below your msg dated 5 september 2003 gives a very precious advice to any one whou want buy a house or other.
Your advices/warnings have to be followed cautiusly because true, it is the reason why a was asking on this web the owner name of the mentioned house so as to AVOID any annoyance with the salers in general.
Again thanks for your advices
Jacques

Just to kickstart this forum I put together some things to think about when choosing your dream home in the sun. Just a couple of subjects for now.

These are based on the experience of buying twice, although some of these tips I learned too late, lots of emails from people who found my websites and thought I seemed to be worth asking about buying property, and from enormous amounts of reading and also obsessive checking of real estate websites.

Hopefully some will be thought provoking and others can add their handy tips:

Well Calis obviously but where?

My villas are well out of the centre of Calis. We like that very much. We like eating breakfast on the veranda with the background sounds of goat bells and the occasional bee flying past.

People often email the rental site asking for somewhere nice and quiet, so I tell them I have just the place! Then they reply with "It has to be close to the bars and restaurants" Well, it can't be done. Do you REALLY want peace and quiet, or do you want Calis centre on your doorstep? Think hard, this isn't two weeks in the Summer you are paying for, it's most of your holidays for many years to come.

SEA VIEWS?

Of course! We all want to look out to sea from our balcony. If it's important, go for it. But Turkey is no different to anywhere else. it comes at a price. One development in Calis had two properties for sale, both on the seafront. One facing straight out to sea and one the very same facing an identical block opposite. The price difference? £40,000. Identical buildings. There are some lovely villas for £40,000!

Also be very careful. Some properties I have seen advertised are way over normal price because of a sea view. Not £40k, but into 10's of thousands more. Beautiful views over the islands and Fethiye. The only thing between you and the sea is a scruffy grassy area.

Once they build on that scruffy grassy area (and they will!) your sea view is gone forever - and the premium value of your property with it. So ask yourself: Is my sea view permanent? Some I have seen advertised are probably unlikely to have a sea view for too long the way things are going.

Real Estate Speak

Here is the Estate Agent/Scunner holiday house purchasing phrasebook.

"10 minutes walk to all the bars and restaurants"
There is a bar with a restaurant near those trees. Calis is miles away

"If you don't come out by next week it will be sold"
I hope this idiot doesn't know it's been on the website since January

"Handy for the dolmus"
You need the dolmus

"500 yards from the sea"
500 yards from somewhere with no beach

"This guy does all our maintenance"
This guy speaks only Turkish so we can double his quote and you won't be any the wiser

"That?! We'll get that fixed for a few pounds"
This will cost you £50 to fix

"Handy for the market"
People will descend upon you in their thousands once a week

"A property with extensive Turkish charm"
If I bought this I'd demolish it and start again

"Midway between Calis & Fethiye"
Absolutely hopelessly placed for either

"Prices from £50,000"
Prices from £60,000 if you want the luxury items, roof, doors etc.

OK so some maybe a bit tongue in cheek, but there's truth in all of them to some degree.

Most important thing: If it doesn't feel right, it isn't. If you read something, or are told something that doesn't seem to go down comfortably, ask others about it. Ask here at the forums. Email me. Email someone else on here who has bought. Ask someone who doesn't have a clue, but ask for a second opinion.

Scunner

quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I know the triplex very well indeed. That's the good news, the bad news is your chances of getting me to put you in touch with the owner direct are nil :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
looking for house owner
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 10:51:22 AM »
Well Hi Jacques

It's Scunner actually.

I think there's a compliment in there somewhere  :) If you are happy dealing with an owner direct, good for you. My comment was a personal one, based on the fact that when I go to Carrefour to ask the price of a Toshiba television they don't give me Toshiba's telephone number and tell me it would be better to go direct to them as they know more about Toshiba TVs.

Good luck with your search for a property though  :)

Offline jacques

looking for house owner
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 22:44:03 PM »
hello to all
I am still looking for the owner of the house I described here above....if somebody is overflowing of good intends  it will be a great help for me if the owner could contact me?
In the meantime have a nice day
Jacques

Offline jacques

looking for house owner
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 22:23:42 PM »
Hello to all Fethiye' residents

Have a nice Christmas in Fethiye among Christmas trees which started to grow...business is business!!!!

Jacques

Offline jacques

looking for house owner
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 17:11:26 PM »
hello to all
I am still looking for the owner of the house I described here above..your help will be appreciated
Have a nice day
Jacques

Offline jacques

looking for house owner
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 21:51:12 PM »
hi!
I'm closing my request because I found house directely from the builder/owner which is more easy for many thing.I thank persons who tried to help me.
No chance for the house owner I was looking for ...house is still for sale!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf