Author Topic: Road tax bill out of the blue  (Read 19600 times)

Offline janmack

Road tax bill out of the blue
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 06:04:07 AM »
I posted about this back in October.  Keep getting conflicting information.  Some say it is complex owners only who have to pay which seems grossly unfair, especially when you see the state of our roads.  To my knowledge none of the non-complex owners who live on the same road as me have been asked to pay, although that could be because they're reluctant to go into the council tax office now[?]!  I just get sick of the way it's assumed foreigners can pay unexpected, unexplained, large bills at the drop of a hat.[:(!]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:10:20 AM by janmack »

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 07:00:15 AM »
Regarding tax bill i thought that i paid my tax bill yearly i cant understand the bill i have what do i look for to see if it has been paid for a year thanks.[^]

Offline frozen

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 07:01:22 AM »
Does this mean that if your tapu is in two names that each of you will have to pay this amount as it is with the council tax? We always pay ours in March for the year so what will happen to the 25% discount for paying by the end of this year?

Offline maximumtom

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 07:38:05 AM »
On the subject of road improvements in Calis:
Entrance to my house is by a single gate or double gates. When I viewed the house I came in through the single gate and didn't think to look closely at the double gates. However, after I moved in, I noticed that the double gates opened outwards, or they would have if the level of the resurfaced road had not been too high to allow them to open. Funnily enough I encountered something similar in Swansea. Over the years, the council's resurfacing of my road raised the level of the road until it was only an inch below the pavement; when I put a double drive into my house , the council wanted me to pay for a dropped curb; after discussion , and a site visit, they agreed that their request was absurd.
In Calis I didn't want the hassle of explaining the problem to the council and had my gates rehinged to open inwards.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 08:27:43 AM »
I am refering to the local Turkish people around our area who struggle to make ends meet, never mind pay 100's of Lira in extra council taxes.

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 12:36:20 PM »
A couple of years ago officials from the council came around our site for 250ytl towards the repairs to roads in koca calis,most people were not at home as most homes are holiday homes.How ever,some people paid up.When i came out i went down to pay my property tax etc and was asked to pay this money towards the roads.I asked the guy behind the desk for a copy of the bill and when i have presented it to my solicitor and she is happy i will pay the bill.As soon as i mentioned solicitor the bill was put back under the counter and hey have not heard a thing since.I strongly beleave that its a con and some people are falling for it.

Offline barry44544

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 13:55:40 PM »
Has anyone hired an official translator to go to the tax office with them? Or a lawyer?
With such a big bill, the extra cost could be a saving..

Offline hazel dorrington

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 14:10:27 PM »
Since the road was made up in front of my house it causes my property to flood. There is no drain and the camber of the road sends all the water into my garden. I think that when I go to pay my tax I will take photos of the problem and a translator. I don't mind paying for a job well done but this has caused me nothing but grief.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 16:56:33 PM »
you could take the photos of the problem along to the belidiye office and explain your grief to the english speaking, P.R, young gentleman, normally sitting on the right hand side as you enter the building, you might be surprized and get a result.

they have just block paved most of the roads and pavements in karagozler 1 and 2 ..i along with most others are expecting a largeish bill added to my tax....normal proceedure.

Offline hazel dorrington

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 10:09:44 AM »
Thanks Stuart. I take it that this is the same office you go to pay the tax, behind Carrefour.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf