Author Topic: Driving  (Read 2367 times)

Offline Winklepicker

Driving
« on: June 02, 2010, 11:18:42 AM »
Do anyone know yet that if the rules have changed about driving?  I still cant drive as not a spouse.  Not thinking of buying a new car yet and these are the only ways its possible?

Moved to correct area as this is not just Uzumlu  :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 18:25:01 PM by stoop »

Offline Firo

Driving
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 11:48:02 AM »
Don't understand why you can't drive? If it's a hire car just get you name added as additional driver. If it's your car then go see someone like Koray at Atak translations(next to Gold computers down the steps at the back) who will guide you through what to do to get your name added to the car's insurance & registration documents.
Fi

Offline Winklepicker

Driving
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 16:19:43 PM »
Hiya, Live here with partner not married car in his name. On his insurance spouse and children only. Not a resident so cant have name on car. Head man Jandarma said only drive if get married or buy new car and then put me on otherwise cant.  Renault checked with insurance Axa they said cant put on.

Lots of people driving and under the above conditions prob not insured and dont know it. I wondered, as you know the rules change reg, if something had changed and we didnt know it....difficult.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Driving
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 18:30:45 PM »
You should be able to get added as and additional driver. You do not have to be a spouse to be insured on your partner's car. Obviously it will cost a little more but you should have no problem getting added - unless Turkish car insurance is still in the 19th century ;-)

Contact the insurers and ask to be added as an additional driver.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Driving
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 19:03:03 PM »
Unless somethings changed on this issue,as a partner to the owner of the car she cannot drive it legally if its on yabanci plates,M prefix.Only relatives with the same surname,wives sons daughters etc qualify.Its traffic law and being put on the policy is not an answer.If its a turkish reg car and it is ok about the insurance etc then she could drive it.

Offline Firo

Driving
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 22:40:01 PM »
My friend (different surname & not married to original main driver) has had her name added to the car documents (M plate)as part owner and can now legally drive the car.
Once on the car documents then she had no problem getting insurance.
If her name wasn't on the car documents she couldn't drive it.
Go see someone who deals with type of problem on a daily basis it can be resolved but will cost some money no doubt.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Driving
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 17:43:50 PM »
In view of the large amount of interest this subject has.  Would it be too much to ask your friend how she actually achieved this.  When I bought my first car here it was in my name and ultimately when my partner arrived some time later I was advised by the traffic police that she would not be able to drive the vehicle unless we got married etc.  The remainder as my previous post.  i.e.  only same surname relatives are able to drive.  Thanking you in advance.  :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf