Author Topic: Money advice  (Read 3850 times)

Offline Phloppy

Money advice
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 10:08:50 AM »
Hi All - just been reading the information regarding cash, credit cards, ATM's, etc., All very interesting and informative. I know where the ATM is at the water taxi's but, can anyone tell me if it is OK to use my Halifax Visa debit card at that ATM..??  I think it needs to be a VISA/PLUS ATM machine for my card to work..(???).

Cheers,

Phill

Offline marina

Money advice
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 10:15:37 AM »
Hi Phil,  I think it takes all Visa cards, but maybe someone else on here who uses it regularly can confirm that.

Offline Phloppy

Money advice
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 10:22:10 AM »
Hi Glenys - thanks for the advice  :) I would hate ti get across there and find out I can't withdraw any cash  :-\

Offline marina

Money advice
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 10:27:47 AM »
 :)ooh no, that wouldn't do.  But with a Halifax visa card you shouldn't have a problem.

Enjoy your holiday - I'm sure you will.

Offline scouser2

Money advice
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 14:31:13 PM »
Using Barclays connect visa can be expensive.They charge minimum £1-50 for using the machine to withdraw money, they charge you commission for exchanging to TL and they also give you a greatly reduced exchange rate.We now only use our Barclays to withdraw GBP.
Hope this info helps.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Money advice
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 17:26:27 PM »
I am sure it will work but, the Halifax Debit card is one of Martin Lewis's "cards from hell"  Go to http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-travel-money
which will give you all the best information about travel money, when you answer the questions on his pages, the last page you will be taken to tells you how much it will cost to use a Halifax card.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Money advice
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 09:25:18 AM »
There is a new ATM opp the police station in Gunlukbasi so there are now two there . ;)

Offline kevin b

Money advice
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2010, 09:47:42 AM »
HSBC atm at new KIPA supermarket also

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Money advice
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 14:50:43 PM »
I've been using my Halifax visa debit card for 3years now, and the only time i have had any bank charge was when i drew out lira, i have never had bank charges for drawing out sterling, and the best place to draw the money out is the ATM at the HSBC bank in Fethiye, you don't have far to go if the machine decides not to give it back. Alan

Offline dycedon

Money advice
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 15:03:10 PM »
Lance where is the other one in Gunlukbasi and you say opposite the police station, is it outside one of the shops ??

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf