Author Topic: The beach, also known as an ash tray  (Read 9494 times)

Offline Julesp

The beach, also known as an ash tray
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 15:39:02 PM »
I saw a team of council workers, on the main Dalaman road near to Gocek, with a wagon and bin bags picking all the rubbish up from the side of the road, as we went past one of the workers finished drinking a bottle of water and threw it on the ground! Maybe hes trying to keep himself in a job   :)

Offline philrose

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 16:14:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny1

It is more noticeable in Calis because the beaches don't get cleaned, in Spain for example, on the larger beaches the tractors are on there every morning cleaning and raking them, can't do this in Calis as it's pebble?
Doesn't put me off Calis though, I just don't go on the beach!  :)

I think the reason they can't use tractors (most of the time) is because of the turtles egg laying.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 16:41:18 PM »
One man with a grabby thing and a black bag would cost about £200-300 a month for a full time job, which after a few days intense grabbing would give a relatively easy job to keep the beach clean with early daily attention. I take it that Tom's "sorry Keith" implies that I won't hear of anything that suggests that Calis Beach has litter on it. Far from it, I have now given up on the idea of proactively looking after the beach problem Calis has. As usual a place with the name Beach/plaji in it's name is criticised for the state of the beach and the frustration is that we are £10 a day away from exactly that - a clean beach - but people prefer to close their eyes and think it doesn't matter.

I once had customers who commented that although they liked the properties and the prom, they were shocked by the beach (it was right at the end of the season, the worst possible time for looking at the beach). Now the builder of the property they liked was also a man of some influence locally so I took my chance to show him that a few fag butts an efes bottles might not be much in many local minds but it really could actually be enough to lose him a £65,000 sale. Failing to have one litter man would directly affect his bank account - at last I had the situation in understandable terms that would hit HIM in the pocket and hit home on a personal level.

"Take them down the Seril end, it's not so bad down there".

If the solution was to ship in sand from the moon I'd understand, but when you can almost touch the solution is when I just give up with the whole lot of them.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 16:54:53 PM »
Totally agree Scunner. Sometimes the mentality of some people beggars belief.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 18:25:14 PM »
In the sreet where I live there were two sometimes three wheelie rubbish bins outside the wall of the mosque. Now the bins have been moved away from the mosque by less than 50 metres along the road.......the rubbish is now dumped where the bins used to be despite a big sign saying dont!:(

Offline maximumtom

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 19:30:48 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Why are you sorry Tom?

Because I am commenting on Calis beach in the Koca Calis section and I know you don't like it. ;). Oh, that reminds me of a joke , which I will place in the appropriate section.:D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 22:27:48 PM »
Well Zorg has made one post and caused quite a stir. Maybe he can enlighten us on which beach he was really commenting on?

Offline Anita Brian and Aslan

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2010, 19:22:53 PM »
maximumtom . . . . .let me know the section

Offline shelli

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2010, 16:03:48 PM »
We always keep our ciggie butts in a little pile and take them with the rest of the rubbish when we've finished on the beach.

However, on the walk back to the apartment we pass a number of the big metal wheelie bins and often commented about the rubbish that surrounds them and wonder why people would do that when the bin is right there.  We know the answer now.  We saw the bin men empty the bins one day and if they miss the truck or rubbish falls out of the bin as it's being lifted, then that's where it stays!  (Don't think there's much in the way of job satisfaction there!)

Offline simpsons

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2010, 20:28:45 PM »
I was smoking on the beach once, and stubbed the fag out in the sand. With that the "Enemy Indoors" went mad and made me pick it up and put it in the bin. Then wouldnt buy me any sweets and sent me to bed early.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf