Author Topic: Burglar-bars  (Read 6286 times)

Offline hoops man

Burglar-bars
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 12:32:55 PM »
yes its a problem.Probably same problem as other resorts around the world but i can say for such a small resort it happens too often and every year it seems to be same old story.You can do comparisons all day with uk but id say you need to be vigilant all times and just be aware that the possibility that you could be burgled weather your at home or out is a REAL possibility.As for security grills!You would be mad not to have them...i always advise people to have them.As for south Africa ....iv no idea.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Burglar-bars
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 15:31:34 PM »
Alot of the problem also stems from poor window manufacture, although double glazzed they have weak contruction and no locking handles etc. easy for mrTealeaf to prise open.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Burglar-bars
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 15:55:29 PM »
A larger amount of the problem is the fitting, not the quality of manufacture. I took a double glazing expert from the UK (I didn't take him from the UK, he is from the UK :D ) to a Nicholas newly finished project in Calis and he was in every window in literally a few seconds, without any damage and without any noise. He was astounded at the poor installation standard in Turkey. He did not find the quality of manufacture to be a contributing factor there.

Offline rpg9000

Burglar-bars
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 19:01:11 PM »
Thanks for the input everyone.

So, Calis isn't quite the crime-free Utopia I thought it was but even so, I still can't think of anywhere more tempting at the moment.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Burglar-bars
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 23:35:41 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

A larger amount of the problem is the fitting, not the quality of manufacture. I took a double glazing expert from the UK (I didn't take him from the UK, he is from the UK :D ) to a Nicholas newly finished project in Calis and he was in every window in literally a few seconds, without any damage and without any noise. He was astounded at the poor installation standard in Turkey. He did not find the quality of manufacture to be a contributing factor there.

Agreed. I had a break in in our villa and had just had new windows at home so got the window fitter back to give me some advice. In the uk they fit spacers between the frame and the glass to stop the frame distorting when prized with a screwdriver. I also found that the catchers for the locks were very poorly positioned. Once this had been attended to and additional locks fitted to the opening windows (about 10TL each) things were a lot more secure.
Another eye opener for me was when I locked myself out of the villa and a local barman of about 16 or 17 got in through my patio doors in about 15 seconds with no noise or damage. Burglar alarm now fitted ;)

Offline Cherrycoke

Burglar-bars
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 12:53:19 PM »
My sister was burgled and one apartment on her complex was burgled twice in a fortnight last year. Mind you, they didn't have the security grilles. My neighbours on my complex were also burgled prior to them getting the security grilles. I had them put up as soon as I bought my apartment because I don't think I'd have been able to sleep without them!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf