Author Topic: damp proof  (Read 2797 times)

Offline turgay31

damp proof
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 13:35:38 PM »
If the damp is entering the house from the side wall, I hear there is a solution of fixing a drainage pipe around the outside wall which collects the damp and spits it out away from the house.

But if the damp is raising from the middle sections, this kind of works too but it means replacing the whole of the ground level of the house.

hope this helps, I will be happy to guide you in the right direction reagarding this.
Turgay

Offline ronzeus

damp proof
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 16:33:01 PM »
i have had neighbours using the crook formally known as no-nem and a firm called Rubenstein ,looking at the end results save your money as both systems were crap.

Offline micky mouse

damp proof
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 13:13:43 PM »
I am a retired builder and after researching all thats available in turkey for dampness nothing seems to work,my old place is always damp after being shut up for 8months of the year but what would help is to cut some air bricks through the walls as good ventelation is a must.Bring them out from the uk and dont put them to low in the walls if you are in an area that floods.So dont be caught on paying out good money for something that never works.

Offline Chinook

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 15:11:32 PM »
Couldn't agree more Micky Mouse. Ensure that you have cross flow ventilation by installing brick vents in opposite external walls and either leave doors open or istall vents in them.

Offline OvacikOldBoy

damp proof
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 19:41:05 PM »
Hi,

we too have suffered with damp - surpirse surprise.  Over a period of time we have had guttering fitted with longer pipe work at the end of the down pipe so that the rain water is directed away from the footings of the house.  The house has been externally repainted with quality paint as I noticed the original paint tended to soak up water.  Also, as the house is a mixture of concrete walls and natural stone we had all the mortar between the natural stones and where the natural stone walls/pillars met the concrete sides repointed with water resistant mortar.  Finally we leave all the internal doors wedged open and two small windows upstairs open so that air can circulate.

Having done all of that we still get a bit of damp but this spring was the best yet with very little damp

Allen

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf