Author Topic: memory-foam mattress toppers  (Read 6117 times)

Offline Daisybell

memory-foam mattress toppers
« on: October 21, 2010, 09:38:22 AM »
Hi!  We've lived in Uzumlu for three years now, but arthritis in my hips is really starting to bother me at night.  Does anyone know if we can buy a memory-foam mattress topper in Fethiye to make our firm mattress a bit more comfortable?

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 11:23:17 AM »
I'm not sure I've seen any but the bed we bought has one of those pillow tops and is very comfortable. They had all sorts from soft to firm this was in Istikbal furniture shop. The spare beds we bought in Eren Spot and they are hard hard!

Offline Firo

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 12:57:10 PM »
Alternative, if you cannot find a memory foam topper here, is to use a thick duvet (or 2 depending on thickness) on top of your mattress then place your sheet over this. It makes for a much more comfortable mattress.
Fi

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 13:27:42 PM »
Yes that's what I did on the spare beds.

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 18:41:45 PM »
I really want a memory foam topper - I looked at one on ebay - the don't weigh a lot so you could get one from the UK and get someone to bring it out - the beds are really hard - I paid extra for a soft mattress but it's still like sleeping on a rock  :-)

Offline tel

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 19:51:32 PM »
Fethiye has them. If you go up from the Olu Deniz bus stop (Nr the mosque)to the one way street and just around the corner to the right, a few doors along at most is a matress shop called "Yatsan" which has a selection that should suit you.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 19:56:40 PM by tel »

Offline susuz.1

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 09:54:37 AM »
I bought a good quality topper for our spare bed on E Bay and took it out as hold luggage. Cost about £50 for a double bed. Fitted perfectly and transformed the bed from very hard to lush comfortable!  Will definitely be sorting out other beds this way. 8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 10:52:47 AM »
I assume we are talking doubles here but in case it helps anyone, they are doing single ones for £19.99 at Poundstretcher which are shown to come in a really small and easy to transport carry case.

http://www.poundstretcher.co.uk/memory-foam-topper-single.html

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 13:11:09 PM »
Trip to Yatsan on Monday then - will post details of availability and prices when I have been  :-)

Offline posleeds

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 18:25:38 PM »
If anyone is splashing out on a new mattress Istikbal do a memory foam one called Viscolex Plus.
Various sizes available but just as an example a large king size mattress 160x200cm costs approx 675TL (approx £302).
I know this seems expensive compared to other mattresses available in Turkey, but compared to my old Dunlopillow mattress I had in the UK it's a bargain!
Remember you spend approx a third of your life in bed - well worth the investment to be comfy  ;)

www.istikbal.com.tr/source.cms.docs/istikbal.com.tr.ce/istikbal.html

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf