Author Topic: Paying Bills  (Read 3182 times)

Offline AndyLin

Paying Bills
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 08:25:57 AM »
The Fatura that I use is the one at the dolums stop in Fethiye

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Paying Bills
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 10:11:22 AM »
Thank you for that Brian. We changed to ING bank last month and we have just looked at Aydem's website and found out our electric bills havent been paid. Even though we asked him to make sure that they were.

Offline posleeds

Paying Bills
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 23:15:08 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by posleeds

Just checked mine on-line - first time I have ever used the shop in Calis - paid bill on 6th January there - money still NOT got through to Aydem.  Will be paying a visit tomorrow I think to see what's going on.

Called in today...guess what...the shop was closed! Rang the two numbers on the window - the guy who works there surprisingly turned up within 5 minutes. He said he had transferred money to the bank, but the bank was at fault - they had not done the transfer to Aydem.  He apologised & said he would do it tomorrow - NO THANK YOU, as I today found a letter in the meter box threatening to cut me off if not paid by the 19th Jan.
Got my money back - FIRST & LAST TIME - will not be using there again to pay bills.
By the way...no mention of "computer problem" - bet he's raking it in - our money probably sat for weeks in his high interest bank account![:(!]
Thanks AndyLin - I would have been oblivious to this until my electricity was cut off on Wednesday - now prevented  :)

Offline Gary-O

Paying Bills
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 06:41:41 AM »
I have to say that i have paid lots of bills at this place over the last 12 months and have only ever had 2 problems, 1 was with a water bill (which he no longer does now) and the 2nd was a couple of weeks ago with an electric bill. In both instances i took the receipts to him, and he resolved the problem within 24hrs. I have queued in the PTT before only to get to the counter, and to be told that there is a problem with the Aydem computer, unfortunately these things do happen from time to time.

Offline Bim

Paying Bills
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 08:15:28 AM »
Hi all, just seen this, not sure if this has been on here before...
http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/kalkan-news/134751-gang-arrested-in-alleged-kalkan-electricity-corruption-racket

sorry its a bit long..interesting read...

Offline philrose

Paying Bills
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 09:38:04 AM »
This topic was also covered here...
{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}39882&SearchTerms=fatura
Sounds like this is afatura to avoid at all cost!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf