Author Topic: Roof Terrace Re-Tile  (Read 2809 times)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Roof Terrace Re-Tile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 21:14:59 PM »
farmer, i am correcting you,lets get the figures right
total payout was 210ytl
bayram got 150ytl
tiler got 60ytl
bayram was not upset he had a big grin on his face,and no wonder!

Offline farmer

Roof Terrace Re-Tile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 16:47:50 PM »
Hi Puma
I now see what you mean. You only mentioned 150 Tl in your frirst post, and in your second said the tiler got 60 TL., not charged you 60 TL. I had assumed the 60TL was paid to him by Bayram.
It does seem to be a bit of a rum do, and an expensive one at that.
I may have to think twice about who I use as a plumber in future.
As you say, no wonder he had a big grin on his face. If he loses business because of massively upping his charges he might well be a bit miserable in future.

Offline IanK

Roof Terrace Re-Tile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 17:28:26 PM »
Anyone else had a terrace retiled then ?

Ours will need doing - not because the tiles have lifted but they need relaying with the correct "fall" - so the water actually goes down the drain.

TL1367 sounds a lot to me for 8ft x 8ft - I would have expected half that (excluding the cost of tiles).

Ian

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Roof Terrace Re-Tile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 17:33:23 PM »
My friends called Bayram to have their pool light repaired. He came Saturday afternoon. Looked at the old one took it away to buy another one. Replaced it and charged 40TL. My brother is an electrician in the U.K and you would be very lucky to get an electrician to come on a Saturday never mind for 16 quid. I was Marks friend who saved 1400TL on the bathroom. However I appreciate Puma's point of view because we had a company well known on here who's prices have risen so much that we chose to go with Bayram. Why do they shoot themselves in the foot.?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 17:35:36 PM by mercury »

Offline tonyb

Roof Terrace Re-Tile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 20:09:21 PM »
Hi Mercury.Perhaps they just test the temperature of the water to see if they can find a gullible resident to pay top dollar, but usually only get away with it once or twice because in any small community,news travel fast & before they know it their phones aren't ringing as often as they used to. Best form of advertisng ? - Word of mouth from satisfied customers . Worst kind - trying to take advantage & getting caught- news travels fast- this forum is the perfect example- you'll always find helpful advice in finding someone to do work for you if you seek it. Bad workmanship only needs to occur once to someone & it spreads like wilddfire  & so it should. People get put on their guard pretty smartly.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Roof Terrace Re-Tile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 20:32:47 PM »
Bayram is not testing the water, we have used him  for 7 years.
 I was told by smile adsl I had a faulty phone cable in my garden on Saturday, I called Bayram he came 1 hour later went to Fethiye fetched 30m of cable sand cement etc. He used a jigger pic to dig the concrete up round the garden laid the new cable it took him just under 3 hours, the receipt for th cable was 80tl he charged me 50tl labour

Offline posleeds

Roof Terrace Re-Tile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 17:07:09 PM »
I contacted Bayram recently following recommendations from CBF (unlike FPS he is quite happy to do work for Turkish & English alike).  I found him to be pleasant, reliable & compared to other quotes I obtained, a LOT cheaper.
I would definately use again & recommend.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf