Author Topic: Zabita pick ups  (Read 7338 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Zabita pick ups
« on: July 07, 2011, 21:37:58 PM »
We had very friendly small brown spaniel dog hanging around our apartment along with a golden retriever type dog and the neighbours called the zabita who took the small one away. My question is this. What happens to the dogs who are picked up in this wa[?]y. Do they get taken to the animal sanctuary. I would have loved to have kept him but we arent allowed pets in our block of apartments. I have been worried about him ever since. He wasnt chipped and didnt have a collar. The golden coloured dog is still roaming about because the zabita seemed frightened of it!! It is a big soft thing but they wouldnt take her.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Zabita pick ups
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 21:52:41 PM »
The zabita would normally take them straight to the Shelter, when was this Anne?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Zabita pick ups
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 07:44:20 AM »
I think it was about Thursday last week. I cant remember the exact day. I am going to try and get the other one into my car on Monday.

Offline jenbo

Zabita pick ups
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 21:43:54 PM »
Hi, these street dogs may get picked up and taken to the shelter but it is their fate you then have to worry about! Our beautiful street dog Rocky (of 15 years plus) was taken from our garden (isn't that against the law? )to the shelter. The Zabita's decision was final; Rocky was not allowed back on our street to protect all it's reseidents as he has done for many years but they were happy to let him go to an unknown man from Antalya!? Having heard and seen all the horror stories of 'dog fighting competitions' in this counrty surely any prospective adoptive owner should be checked out? Rocky is a very BIG dog and was chosen purely for his size. Food for thought especially for you loyal fund-raisers. ps Rocky has been saved from the 'SHELTER' but desperately needs a new home and quick! Please read his story in the Aegean and land of Lights papers next week.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Zabita pick ups
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 21:55:16 PM »
Rocky was taken from the garden by the Zabita after having numerous complaints of him chasing cars,bikes and people when let out onto the street, several warning were given but ignored, thats why it was taken from your garden.
if you read the Aegean paper they have been knocking on about wild dogs roaming the streets and attacking people for the last few weeks so how can they defend this dog now? I believe the dog has been re-united with his owners now and maybe they will be a bit more responsible and keep it in the garden.

My information came from the vet at the shelter.

Offline jenbo

Zabita pick ups
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 22:25:41 PM »
Hi, Rocky doesn't have one specific owner, he belongs to the street as he has done for more than 15 years. The permanent people at Uzumlu (who know Rocky) will not have told you he has ever attacked anyone, he only barks at Turks on bicycles (not cars or other people)as his previous owner who hit him with chains happened to be a cycle riding Turk! They were more than happy for him to return here as they know he is a gentle giant! Unfortunately the Zabita and you do not know enough about this dog or his history and I am presuming neither of you are particular animal lovers either. Once the street petition is complete maybe you will realise that this dog is harmless and well loved in this area. It is only a very small minority of Turkish new-comers to the area, who through their ignorance, create problems both for us and Rocky. He has not been re-united with us, so again your second-hand information is incorrect!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Zabita pick ups
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 22:34:38 PM »
it's not second hand information, the vet told me the dog would be back in a few days, that was last Tuesday.
I think your presumptions about me not being an animal lover are somewhat mis-guided.

Offline Julesp

Zabita pick ups
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 22:48:34 PM »
Im getting confused now with the other topic being started about Rocky Seems like a bit of backtracking :D

Ps glad the horses were found ok Andy

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Zabita pick ups
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 22:50:43 PM »
Dont start on the horses we already have three topics running:D

Offline Julesp

Zabita pick ups
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 22:55:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

Dont start on the horses we already have three topics running:D